Wednesday, June 22, 2011

{Spicy} Cheesy Spin Dip

This isn't your normal Spinach & Artichoke Dip, in fact I don't even like Spinach & Artichoke Dip, but this stuff wayy better!  And let me tell you, your guests will love it! 

I got this recipe from my old boss, and I had to pull it out for the weekly Saturday pool party.  It's easy, cheesy, creamy, and it even has a little kick to it!  It's great with Wheatables, Club Crackers, or even chips.  You could even put it on your favorite wrap if you wanted too to give it a little something special.  Either way, you'll find yourself going back for more...trust me!  Did I mention it was super easy?!

Ingredients:
1 box (10oz) frozen chopped Spinach (thawed and drained)*
2 packages Cream Cheese, softened
1 can chopped Green Chilies
1 bag (2 cups) shredded Italian Cheese blend
Jalapenos to taste, chopped (use the pickled ones in the jar; I like to use a lot!)
Jalapeno juice to taste (start with 1-2 tbsp and see how you like it)

Ingredients
Directions:
1. After draining the Spinach, put everything into a large bowl.

2. Microwave for 1 minute, take out and stir together.
3. If it's not completely melted, put in for an additional 30-45 seconds, take out and stir until creamy.



-OR- You can throw everything into a crock pot on high and let it melt together that way, but make sure you continue to check on it and stir.  Once it's creamy, be sure to turn it to low. 

-OR- If you want you can melt it all together in the microwave, and then place it into the crock pot on low, and it will continue to stay warm for your guests (this is what I did).

*Tip: When I drain the Spinach, I grab a towel and put it in there and squeeze until all of the liquid is out.  It makes it a lot easier!



I just love this dip, because you can control how much of a "kick" you want it to have!!



Linking up too...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog
Peas & Crayons - What I Ate Wednesday
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Somewhat Simple
Paisley's Passions
Not So Homemade
Lovely Crafty Home
Just a Girl
The Sisters of the Wild West
Polka Dots on Parade
Little Brick Ranch - Foodie Friday
This Chick Cooks
Mom's Crazy Cooking - 30 Minute Meals

12 comments:

  1. You really come out with fantastic recipes I love to collect for a spur of the moment snack/treat. Saving this one as well as your last one; thanks.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! Hope your party was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty much in love with dip, and this one sounds luscious! Can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'm making this one this weekend! Thanks for sharing it! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great! I can't wait to try it... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, love spinach just had a spinach omlette.
    I am just reminding everyone about tonights link party that runs Friday evening through Mondays!
    I also have an ongoing give away link party now too.
    Hope to see you soon.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/
    come strut your stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really good. I love everything that goes into it so I already know I will love it! Thanks for sharing at Polka Dots on Parade - Going to try this over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dip sounds tasty. It's making me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I found you on this chick cooks! I am loving your blog! I wanna make this! I am your newest follower and would love it if you followed me back! Thanks and I sllok forward to reading your blog now that I am a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spinach dips are always my favorites at a party to indulge in. Thanks for linking up on Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kayla,
    What a great Spinach Dip, we will really enjoy this recipe. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)