Wednesday, December 22, 2010

3 Days until Christmas...Peanut Butter Candy "Cane"ine Treats!

So much to do, but I'm feeling as if there isn't enough time...there's only 3 days left until Christmas is here!!  I'm going to do what I can to get all of our goodies baked, D's presents wrapped (before Friday), and a project/gift finished!  Sometimes when I think about everything, I get a bit overwhelmed...but then I stop and think that it's all for a great celebration!!  I really do love Christmas!

Last night I spent the night working on that project/gift, cooking supper, doing a load of laundry, and also managed to bake some homemade dog treats!  Yep, you heard me right...I baked some treats for Bernie and his doggie friends that we'll see over Christmas!  I found this recipe over at Dukes' and Duchesses (she has tried other recipes for homemade dog treats, go check her blog out!) and just knew I had to make them for Bernie for Christmas. 

I didn't have a "dog bone" cookie cutter, so I used a Candy Cane...
I call them... Peanut Butter Candy "Cane"ine Treats! (clever, I know!)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Oil
2 Eggs
3 tablespoons Peanut Butter
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 cups Flour
1/2 cup Yellow Cornmeal
1/2 cup Oats
Directions:
1. Blend wet ingredients together.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
3. Blend dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until form into a dough ball.
4. Roll the dough out into 1/2" thickness, and cut using your favorite cookie cutter!
5. Place the cutouts on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes, turn oven off and let cookies cool in oven until they are hard.
8. Let your taste tester try one out, and store the rest in an airtight container!
Ingredients

Step 1: Blend all wet ingredients together


Step 2: Whisk dry ingredients together
 
Step 3: Blend dry ingredients in with wet ingredients, form dough ball.

Step 4: Roll out dough to 1/2" thick, and cut out with your fav cookie cutter

Step 5: Place cutout on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake!


The finished product after letting them cool and harden in the oven.
 
Certified Taste Tester!
I promise you that's a treat laying by him under the table!!
Oh and he LOVED his candy cane treat!!

Linked up with...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)