Thursday, March 7, 2013

I Found a Desk!

Last week I shared my Craft/Office Space Inspiration, and since then I've been on the hunt for a desk! But before I could really commit to anything, I had to sell the daybed that was in there. Good thing I mentioned my plans to my mom, because I forgot that she had been wanting a daybed for one of her bedrooms downstairs. She gladly took it off of my hands for $50 (plus sheets, several pillows, etc), and took it home with her last weekend. Step 1, sell daybed, check! I was so excited!

I found a couple of older desks I was interested in; one was on a site similar to Craigslist called Nex-Tech Classifieds (the Craigslist of western KS) for $50, and the other I seen on facebook for $40. D was on his way back from a hunting trip with my brothers, and the one on Nex-Tech was actually on his way home (like 1.5 hours from home). He said he would pick it up, but ended up not stopping (they were ready to get home after 9 hours in a pickup). So I made arrangements to meet with the gal that had one on facebook last night, she actually had 2, but I ended up going with the original one she posted. I got it for $30, so I'm still actually $20 ahead after selling the daybed, which is great!


The top is more like a laminate top, but the rest is solid wood. I'm still confused as to why they did this to older desks, but I guess it's better than the whole thing being particle board. So I plan to rough the top up, as well as the rest of it, prime it down, and then paint! As of right now I am planning on painting it with one of the colors that I've already used in our house, so it will be a neutral color. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on it, so I will make it work. I also want to look for some drawer pulls, and Hobby Lobby usually has some neat ones I want to check out. So stay tuned for more updates, but I hope to get started really soon on this!! :)


Learn more about this:
Craft/Office Space Inspiration



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)