Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecakes


My co-worker/good friend, Tracy, birthday was this last weekend; she's really good friends with my FMIL, and she always cooks up an amazing meal for our birthdays.  So when FMIL called to tell me what time to come over for Tracy's bday dinner, I suggest that I bring dessert. 

Tracy LOVES anything Pumpkin, last year I made her Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins.  She really wanted those, but I told her that we needed to try something new!  I've been wanting to try these Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecakes that I spotted over at Inside BruCrew Life over a year ago...the time had come!!  Jocelyn is an amazing, inventive, and fun baker...check out her blog! ;) 

The recipe that she has on her blog makes 24 mini cheesecakes, but I didn't want to make that many...I don't think my jeans would be able to handle all of the extras, since there were only going to be 5-6 of us!  So I decided to cut the recipe in half, which is the recipe I am sharing with you today.  I also made a few spice additions, as well as made my own Cinnamon Whipped Cream topping.  I will be sharing that recipe with you tomorrow! ;)


Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecakes topped with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
I didn't have orange sprinkles, so I used yellow!

I must admit, I was a little scared to make these, because I haven't ever made Cheesecake before.  I always thought it would be a lot more difficult, so I just never wanted to give it a try.  So of course once they were baked, cooled, and topped with Cinnamon Whipped Cream, I just had to do a taste test.  I mean, who bakes something and doesn't try it before giving it to her guests?!  That's just wrong.  I had to make sure they were edible, and indeed they were!!  They turned out fantastic, I was so excited to take them to Tracy's bday dinner.  Let's just say in the end, they were a hit!

Yes, that is a Pumpkin Pie plate with "how-to" printed on it!
I love it, super cute! My Gma gave it to me.


Ingredients: Makes 12
1-8 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp. sour cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. canned pumpkin (I'm made some muffins with the leftover pumpkin ;))
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cloves
24 Oreos
Homemade Cinnamon Whipped Cream

1. Preheat oven to 350* Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan.

2. Beat the cream cheese until creamy.

3. Add the sugar and cream again.

4. Add the eggs one at a time beating after each one.

5. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat again.
This is where you'll add in the spices, they add great flavor!

6. Place one whole oreo in the bottom of the cupcake liners and fill up the liner 3/4 full with the cheesecake batter. Push another whole oreo into the top of the batter.

7. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Cool in pan for 15-20 min before removing and placing on a wire rack to finish cooling.

8. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Top with Cinnamon Whipped Cream right before serving.


These little Cheesecakes would be perfect for a Halloween Party and even Thanksgiving!!  What is your favorite thing to make with Pumpkin?  What about Cheesecakes?  Please share!


Linking up too...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog
Not So Homemade
The Shabby Creek Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Somewhat Simple
Lovely Crafty Home
Just a Girl
The Sisters of the Wild West
Polka Dots on Parade
This Chick Cooks
Ginger Snap Crafts
Homemaker on a Dime
My Favorite Finds
Mom's Crazy Cooking - This Weeks Cravings: Halloween

4 comments:

  1. you should be so proud; they turned out perfect! Love the idea of Cinnamon Whipped Cream topping.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea and super cute. I LOVE pumpkin and LOVE cheesecake too - add chocolate??? Perfect! So glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to stop by and let you know your recipe was featured on this week's What's Cooking Wednesday!

    I hope you'll stop by and link up more fabulous recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YYYYEEEEAAAA!!! I am so glad you made them...and even happier that you liked them!!! I love the addition of the spices! You did the recipe proud:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)