Friday, October 28, 2011

Cinnamon Whipped Cream

Did you ever eat so much of something when you were a kid, because you LOVED it, that you honestly can't stand the taste of it now that you're older?  I actually have a couple of things: store bought whipped cream (in a tub or spray can) and baked beans to name a couple!  First off, the reason I hate whipped cream, is because I used to grab a tub of it and eat it right out of the tub.  That's how much I loved it.  I did it so often that I became really sick of it.  Now that I'm older, if we go out to eat or order something that has/might have whipped cream, I have to order it with out.  Just the slightest taste of it makes me want to gag.  As for the baked beans, I just loved them so much, one night I ate too many and I got really sick. 

When I spotted the recipe for Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecakes, the recipe said to top it off with whipped cream.  I really didn't like the sounds of that at all to be honest with you.  So I got onto Pinterest and searched for Cinnamon Whipped Cream.  I love Cinnamon, so I figured that would help me get over the flavor, plus it'll be homemade so it should taste a lot better than store bought.  I haven't ever made homemade whipped cream either, so I figured I'd give it a try.  I went with the recipe on Can You Stay For Dinner, which she also paired it with a pumpkin spice cheesecake (similar to the cheesecakes I made).  I liked that it only took a few ingredients, and maybe 10 minutes to make (give or take).  And guess what...when I tasted it, I was in awe that I actually liked it!!  It tastes nothing like store bought whipped cream, and I love the addition of Cinnamon...gives it a little "flair"!

Ingredients:
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1/4 cup Confectioners Sugar (powdered sugar)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Ingredients

Beat heavy cream until it begins to thicken.



Slowly add sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.

I didn't pipe it onto the Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecakes right away,
so I put it into a bowl, covered it with plastic wrap, and put it in the refrigerator. 
When I was ready to use it (the next day) I got out my mixer
and re-whipped it for a few seconds. 
It tasted and looked like I had just made it.

After I re-whipped it, I got out a pipe bag and decorating tip,
and swirled it on the cheesecakes!

The Cinnamon Whipped Cream was also a hit, and paired really well with the cheesecakes.  It would be great on some Apple Pie, Ice Cream, even cake!  I guess what they say is true...everything is better when it's homemade!!

Do you prefer homemade whipped cream over store bought?  Is there anything that you used to love that you can't stand now?  Let's hear it!!


Linking up too...

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I bet this was so amazing that it was hard to get any onto the cupcakes. I would have eaten the whole bowl with a spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! I love your blog and reading your recipes! I've passed on the Liebster Blog Award to you - visit my link to see what to do and how to pass it on!
    http://littlemommybigappetite.blogspot.com/2011/10/sharing-love-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would've never thought to put cinnamon in! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)