Friday, October 7, 2011

CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE #2 - The ULTIMATE Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies

Who doesn't love some Chocolate Chip Cookies?!  What about a cup of Hot Cocoa?!  What about both of those together?  Do I have your attention now?!?!  :)

Photobucket

This is the 2nd month of the CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE that Tina over at MOM'S CRAZY COOKING is hosting (click link for more info)!  Last month we did the ULTIMATE Mac 'N Cheese recipe, I made Traditional Mac 'N Cheese (a little better than traditional I might add! ;) ).  This month we were to search and bake the ULTIMATE Chocolate Chip Cookie.  I was pumped for this one; so I did a search via Google and on the amazing Pinterest (click to follow me!) to find the yummiest Chocolate Chip Cookie.  There are hundreds of Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes out in blog land, but I didn't want to make a normal "run of the mill" cookie either, something fun and different!  So I decided to go with Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies that I found over at The Whimsicle Cupcake.  Yes they are still Chocolate Chip Cookies, but made with Hot Chocolate packets.  I pretty much followed her recipe, but I added PB chips and didn't chill the dough.  Below are the ingredients I used and what I did...


Ingredients:
2 sticks Salted Butter, room temp
1 cup Sugar
⅔ cups Light Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
3-¼ cups Flour
4 packages (1 Oz. Packets, NOT Sugar-free) Hot Chocolate Mix with mini marshmallows (it's what I had on hand)
1 tsp Salt
1-¼ tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Each Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter Chips (equal 2 cups)


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats, set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, hot chocolate mix, salt and baking soda.

3. In a large bowl (I used my Kitchen-Aid bowl and mixer) cream butter and sugars until smooth and fluffy.

 4. Beat in eggs, one at a time until incorporated well then add vanilla until combined.

5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 to 4 parts, making sure all is incorporated. Do not over-mix, mix until the dry ingredients just disappear.

6. Using a rubber spatula, fold in chocolate chips.  It will be very thick, that is how it's supposed to be!

7. Scoop the dough onto prepared baking sheets (I used an ice cream scoop). Bake for 9-11 minutes. Mine took right at 11 minutes. They might not spread out all the way, but as you let them cool they will.

8. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a rack to cool.

Note: Adding cup up mini marshmallows would heighten the “hot chocolate” appeal. Cut 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows into quarters and mix in with the chocolate chips and proceed with the recipe. 


These cookies were delightful...and yes, reminded me so much of Hot Chocolate.  They are soft and chewy, just the way I like 'em!!  The PB chips just added a little extra flair, but I think they would still be great without.  However, I love Peanut Butter & Chocolate together!!  Don't these cookies scream fall?!  Love them, so fun!  Thank you Jeanette over The Whimsicle Cupcake for sharing these yummy cookies!



Be sure to check out the other bloggers who are participating in the challenge, and vote for your favorite "Ultimate" Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe (click the "like" button).  Don't forget to stop in and say HI!! ;)


Linking up too...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog
Not So Homemade
The Shabby Creek Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Somewhat Simple
Lovely Crafty Home
Just a Girl
The Sisters of the Wild West
Polka Dots on Parade
This Chick Cooks
Ginger Snap Crafts
Homemaker on a Dime
My Favorite Finds

16 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try these! My list is growing from the challenge, along with my waistline just from reading all these recipes. I will for sure be trying this one!

    Also, I host a link up on Mondays, where you can link your "must try" recipes. Feel free to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad that you found these and made them and loved them. They look great, and what a great idea adding in the peanut butter chips. Gives me an idea for a stellar cup of cocoa... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I'm so making these. They sound wonderful. Thanks so much for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made hot chocolate cookies before and they were good but they didn't look nearly as good as these!! These look great!! Newest follower. Stop by and give us a visit sometime @ http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com

    ~Nikki #41 Crazy Cooking Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never in a million years would I have thought to use hot chocolate mix with marshmallows in a cookie recipe. It's brilliant!

    Jen #17

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea! These would make a great winter treat. I can't wait to give them a try! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! They all look soooo tasty. I think cookies are one of my favorite foods. I love your blog!

    Your newest follower,
    Abby
    i---create
    (come take a look if you like)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound wonderful I need to give them a try.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my entry, Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I saw these the other day, just didn't have a chance to comment yet... these look AMAZING! Definitely adding them to my list of cookies to try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting! I would have never thought to try baking with hot chocolate mix. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These sound great !! I love that you used peanut butter chips and chocolate together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YYYYUUUUUMMMMMYYYYY!

    Hop'n by from 'Creative Bloggers Party & Hop'. I'm following your blog now, wont you please come and follow me back?? ~KM

    Krafty Max Originals

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're such a fab little baker! =) so jeal! <3

    totally just skip the curry and they'll taste fab!!! just like reg jarred jalapenos =) the curry powder is what made them BRIGHT green though so yours will look more like a jarred store version but still taste yum =)

    here's my fancy recipe for pickled peppers if you want a more exotic flavor. the curry recipe (minus the curry) is the standard kind. all depends on your tastes! <3

    http://www.peasandcrayons.com/2011/06/fridge-pickled-peppers.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking good :) Love the creative idea of using the hot cocoa mix!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)