I am so glad I found this recipe for Oreo Truffles, because they are sinfully delish! As soon as you take a bite, it's like chocolate heaven! They are very, very rich, but oh so good! Just talking about them gives me a sugar high! They were a huge it at our housewarming party last weekend, and I just had to share this with everyone! They are really fun to make, and I've already came up with some ideas to make them more "holiday-ish"!
|Add in the Cream Cheese|
|Roll them into Balls!|
|Dip the balls Chocolate and put on cookie sheet to cool!|
|Premier Morsels and 2 tbsp Crisco Shortening, melted together.|
|Rich, Chocolaty, Sinful, Yummy, Oreo Truffles|
Makes approx 48 Oreo Truffles
(1) whole pkg of Oreos (yeah, I said 1 whole package!), finely crushed, divided
(1) 8oz block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
(2) 8oz boxes of Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
Optional Ingredients for topping:
1/2 pkg of Nestle Toll House Premier White Morsels
2 Tbsp Crisco Vegetable Shortening
1. In a large mixing bowl, smoosh the Oreo's until they are finely crushed. At first I washed my hand and was crushing them a few at a time, but that was getting tiring, so I put them into a ziplock and went to town with my pampered chef meat tenderizer! It worked wonders!
2. Leave 3 cups of the cookie crumbs in the mixing bowl and set the remaining aside (approx 1-1/4 cup) to use later.
3. Mix in the softened cream cheese with the 3 cups cookie crumbs, until well blended.
4. Roll into 1 inch balls, and set on cookie sheet lined with wax paper (i used foil and it worked just fine).
5. Melt the Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate, both boxes (directions on the box).
6. Dip the Oreo balls into the Chocolate until they are completely covered, and set back on cookie sheet. I used forks to dip them and take them out, so much easier than your hands!
7. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs that you set aside, OR..............
8. If you want to make them even more prettier, melt down about 1/2 the pkg of white morsels with 2 Tbsp of Crisco Shortening in the Microwave, until it's runny. (directions are on the back of the pkg!)
9. Take a spoon and drizzle it over the truffles, sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs
10. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm and serve.
11. Got any leftover? Put them into a air tight container, or ziplock and put back into the fridge!!
I'm linking up to...
It's a Blog Party - Delicious Dishes
Just a Girl - Show and Share Day
Somewhat Simple - Strut Your Stuff Thursday
The Girl Creative - Just Something I Whipped Up
The Shabby Chic Cottage - Transformation Thursdays
At Home With Haley - Recipes I Can't Wait To Try