Friday, October 29, 2010

Peanut Butter Bars and what to be for Halloween?!

Yesterday I posted about our weekend in the big city (last weekend), and mention I made these awesome Peanut Butter Bars that I found here (again, thank you Mandy over at Sugar Bee Craft Edition for sharing these lovely, yummy, delish treats with us).  They are really simple, and oh.my.gosh. to die for!  It's like a glorified Peanut Butter cookie, you know the ones that have the Hersheys Kisses on the top?!  Yeah...that's what I'm talking about!


Ingredients (not including the ingredients for the topping)

The finished product!!!


Ingredients (for cookie sheet - shown in picture):
1 ½ C butter (3 sticks)
1 ½ C sugar
1 ½ C brown sugar
3 eggs
1 C peanut butter
1 ½ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp vanilla
3 C oatmeal
3 C flour
Ingredients for Topping (approx only!):
12 oz choc chips
1 tbsp Peanut butter
3 tbsp powdered sugar
Milk for desired thickness
Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Press into a Cookie Sheet
3. Bake at 20-25 min at 350*
4. Turn off oven, remove pan from oven and quickly pour chocolate chips over bars
5. Put bake in oven for 1-2 minutes.
6. Remove, spread melted chocolate.
7. Mix up the topping ingredients
8. Drizzle peanut butter icing over top and let cool.


It's Friday and I still haven't a clue what to dress up as for Halloween.  Last year I was a hippie, and of
course it was a friends costume, so I can't be that again.  Oh and Bernie will be a Skeleton like he has been the last 2 years!

The year before I was a "devil", but the dress is a little skimpy (if I only had black tights/leggings).  (No picture of this...sorry!)
Saturday night there is a band playing at one of the local bars, so I'm pretty sure that's where we'll be!  I'll be posting next week to show you what I decided to be!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)