Friday, October 1, 2010

Getting ready for our party & Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins!

It's bee a stressful/very busy week.  The other day I blogged that we were going to be getting ready all week for our Housewarming Party tomorrow.  We've been touching up with paint in the kitchen, hanging decor in the spare bedroom and living room, and last night I spent all night getting a couple of things made.  I made my Grandma's Steak Fingers (there were so many, omg!) and some Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins.  Tonight I will spend most of the night cleaning and perfecting everything...the "Susie homemaker" is coming out in me...and it might be driving D a little nuts!!  The other day I was doing something, and he gave me the strangest look and said "that's really not necessary!"  And I was all "yes it is, it's fun!!"  As I've said before I love planning parties, love to cook/bake, and being creative with stuff. 

Ok so back to the yummy stuff I made last night...
My Grandma's Steak Fingers - I'll do a separate post on that after the party!  They are seriously the best, EVER!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins - There is so much talk around blogland about Fall and pumpkins, that I just had to make these.  I found these muffins over at Orange It Lovely and she found them somewhere else.  They really great flavor from the pumpkin/cinnamon/nutmeg/clove...I just love them, they are really dense!!  Then there is a little surprise of CHOCOLATE mixed in with all of that...I mean c'mon who doesn't like a little chocolate?!  The best thing about making them is that they were really easy to make.  It took less than 10 min to get everything mixed together and into their muffin liners.




Mix Dry Ingredients together, then add Pumpkin & Chocolate Chips.
Mix well, scoop into liners, and bake!

Fresh, right out of the oven!!
Ingredients:
1  package yellow cake mix
1  can pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Directions:
1. Mix together all the dry ingredients.
2. Stir in the Pumpkin and Chocolate Chips, until mixed well.
3. Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. (I had to bake them for like 28 min, just watch them closely)
Didn't I say they were super easy?!

Linking up to:
The Girl Creative - Just Something I Whipped Up
It's a Blog Party - Fall Get Together & Delicious Dishes
Just a Girl - Show & Share Day
Todays Creative Blog - Get Your Craft on Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. OMG I made them too (and posted about it) isnt it the easiest and most delicious recipe? They look so good!
    Yum!
    ~Tana

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look excellent! I saved it and will make them for sure, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tana that's where I got the idea from...so THANK YOU for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been featured!!! http://athomewithhaley.blogspot.com/2010/10/recipes-i-cant-wait-to-try-4.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)