Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mexican Chicken Manicotti

Oh Em Gee!  This stuff was ahhhmazzzing!  It's like Creamy Chicken Enchiladas, but with Manicotti Noodles.  Wow!  You've got to trust me on this one, you've got to make this dish right here...like ASAP!  One of our friends posted it on her facebook awhile back, and I've had it on my "to try" list forever now, and finally made it the other night.  I have no clue what I was waiting on!  I saw her at the store and told her I was going to give it a try.  These are her exact words "Oh you're going to be addicted to that stuff!!"  And she was right, and I don't even care to know the calories, because it's so worth every bite!

Ok, my mouth is watering just typing about it, so now on to the recipe!

Ingredients:
1 pkg Manicotti shells
2 cups Chicken, cooked and chopped (I used 2 chicken breasts, so it was a little more than 2 cups)
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese, divided (I used Pepper Jack instead)
1.5 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Sour Cream
1 small onion, diced (I used 1/2 of a medium, it was plenty)
1 can (4oz) chopped Green Chilies, divided
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup Salsa
2/3 cup Milk

Ingredients (minus chicken)

Directions:
1. In a large pot, bring water to a bowl, add in Manicotti Shells and cook as directed on package (7 minutes was perfect).  Drain off water.

2. In a skillet, put a little oil in, and cook the Chicken Breasts on Medium High heat until cooked through.

3. In a large bowl, combine the following: Chicken, 1.5 cup Monterrey Jack Cheese, all of the Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, 1/2 Onion, 1/2 can of Green Chilies.  Stir the mixture together.

4. In a medium bowl, combine the following: Cream of Chicken soup, Salsa, Milk, remaining Onion and Green Chilies. Stir the mixture together (doesn't look good, but it's good...trust me!)

5. Grease 13x9 casserole dish, and pour in 1/2 of the Soup/Salsa mixture into the bottom

6. Take about 1/4 cup of the Chicken mixture (or a good spoonful) and stuff it into the shells. Please note: it's actually easier to open the noodle up, put the mixture in the middle, and then close the noddle back up. Don't even worry about stuffing the noodles the other way, it's messier, but much easier!


Crack the noodle in half...much easier!


and fill!
7. After stuffing the Manicotti's, place into casserole dish and pour in remaining Soup/Salsa mixture over the noodles.


8. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350*.
9. Take out of oven, uncover, cover with remaining Monterrey Jack cheese, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.


This makes a lot, especially for 2 people!  So be prepared to keep wanting more...so good!



Linking up too...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog
Peas & Crayons - What I Ate Wednesday
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Somewhat Simple
Paisley's Passions
Not So Homemade
Lovely Crafty Home
Just a Girl
The Sisters of the Wild West
Polka Dots on Parade
Little Brick Ranch - Foodie Friday
This Chick Cooks

10 comments:

  1. I've never made any kind of manicotti, but this looks like a great recipe to start with. Anything with chicken and lots of cheese is a winner in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking so good! I am having problems commenting and will try your solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT worked thank you! Joining your blog now.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks AMAZING! I am definitely going to be trying this soon! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would take a look at my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. That stuff definitely looks addictive :) I wish I could have a plateful right now and I just finished supper. Thanks so much for linking up. Hope you can come back next Wednesday. Have a good one, Kayla :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! This looks super yummy! I am stopping by from the Strut Your Stuff Link Party. I am your newest follower and cannot wait to read more:) I would love to have you stop by my blog when you have a chance!
    www.divvyupdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks yummy and easy to make . Can't wait to try . i am a new follower . Hope you will follow me back .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Manicotti is one of my most favorite things to eat. YUMMMMMM.. Can't wait to make this.

    Would love to invite you to link up this great project at Nothing But Country - Creative Creations link up party. It closes tonight. And we will feature projects on our blog this coming Tuesday and reopen with another party as well. Hope you will join us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kayla- Thanks for stopping in to show off your manicotti at These Chicks Cook. Hope you can come back by and share another recipe Wednesday. Enjoy your weekend :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so good. Love manicotti. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)