Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Lauren's Bridal Shower {tropical flair}



Lauren's Bridal Shower was held last month at our friends pool, so it was a no brainer the theme would be "Tropical". You can read here about our inspiration.

The shower went smoothly, but the weather was terrible. It was so windy and hot, that we weren't really able to do much decorating. The backyard is already like a oasis, so it didn't need much more sprucing up, even though we were planning on it.

The Bride (middle) with her bridesmaids (minus 1).

Food & Drinks: We had Grilled Ham & Pineapple Kabobs, Finger Sandwiches, Meat Roll-ups, Chips, Fruit Kebabs & dip, Veggie Tray, Punch, Mimosa's, and Sangria's. We also had water for those that didn't/couldn't drink alcohol. The maid of honor made yummy cupcakes, that sadly I didn't get a photo of. They were adorable!
The food. However, I didn't get a photo before we started...oops!
Gifts: Lauren received so many nice gifts, she made out like a bandit! Us bridesmaids got her Mr. & Mrs. beach towels, and stuff from her registry. The towels are perfect for them, because they practically live at the lake and pool in the summer time. They will also be great for them to take on their honeymoon! I purchased the towels at Wal-Mart for $13 each, and then had them embroidered for an additional $7 each. Pretty inexpensive for a personalized gift.

her guests watching as she opens gifts
mr & mrs personalized beach towels
gifts from her bridesmaids! check out those cute personalized beach towels!
Decorations: As I stated above we weren't really able to decorate that much. We put fun colored table cloths on the tables, I made a "She said Yes" bridal shower banner, and I made little printable's for the drink dispensers. We also had a little sunscreen station set up just in case someone felt the need to use it. I created a little chalkboard out of tile from Home Depot for the menu, and also used our large chalkboard to direct the guests out to the pool. Everything was very simple!

she said yes banner
She Said Yes bridal shower banner




It's always 5 o'clock somewhere, right?!
diy tile chalkboard


Favors: We put together little goodie bags for the guests filled with a lei, paper fan, and a hair clip flower. We ordered the fans & clips from Oriental Trading, and picked up the lei's from a local party shop. It was something fun to get everyone in the tropical mood!



Now we are preparing for the bachelorette weekend that is taking place Aug 9th-11th! I'm so excited, I can't wait!! Here is a peek at the invitations that I designed for it:

Front

Back

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)