Thursday, January 26, 2012

Save The Date Postcard

I feel like I've been in hibernation mode lately, but I really haven't.  We are a little less than 3 months out from our wedding, and I have been trying to focus on that.  We sent out our Save The Dates at the first of the year, and I'm finally getting around to blogging about them. 


D's Aunt Hatty and I designed these cute postcards back in November when I went to see her.  We spent a lot of hours trying to come up with something that we loved.  After I left that Sunday morning she added a few simple finishing touches, printed them out, rounded the edges, and hand delivered them to me.  When I saw them for the first time on Christmas Eve, I.was.in.love.  Yes, totally and completely!!  She in one talented lady, and so excited that I soon will be her niece!! 


I can't tell you the graphic program that she used, but I can tell you that we downloaded the calligraphy font from dafont.com for free!  Yes...I said free, people!  If you haven't checked out that website, I suggest you do so.  Back to the postcards...we were inspired from a few pins my Wedding Pinterest board, a recent Save The Date Magnet she received, some clip art on her computer, and even a few margarita's!!  LOL!  We used one of my favorite Engagement Pictures on the front, and added more text on the back to make it appear like a post card.  We used a cream colored linen type cardstock paper, so it gave it a vintage feel.  I just love how everything came together and was just as I envisioned them to be!  We've finalized the invitations, and I can't wait to send those out!!




What do you think?  Just curious...did you design & print your own Save The Dates, or did you have them made up by a larger company?  Let me know if you have any specific questions!!



Linking up too...
It's A Blog Party
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Somewhat Simple
Lovely Crafty Home
The Sisters of the Wild West
Polka Dots on Parade
Ginger Snap Crafts
Not So Homemade

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I esp. love the font on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the front and back end side of the postcards and appreciate the efforts which given behind making this. I like to show more wedding save the date postcard which i have collected on my friends wedding.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)