Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year...excuse my lack of posting

Hey ya'll!!  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a fun New Years!  We sure did...it's was crazy, on the go the whole time, but we still enjoyed it!

Christmas was great!  We were able to spend some time with both of our families, ate way too much food, and received some wonderful gifts.  D was a little spoiled by me this year, but then again so was I!  I got him some hunting stuff he's been wanting, tickets to George Strait & Martina McBride (on his bday weekend in February, holler!), new pair of Oakley's, and some other odds 'n ends for our shed.  I think I'm more excited about going to see Gorgeous Strait more than he is...after all this will be our 3rd time seeing him.  Ya'll know that's how D and I met, right?!  So yes, this is extra special!!  He got me some bLinG bLiNg for my ears!  I've been wanting some nice studs for a long time, so excited that I finally got them! 

New Years was such a blast!  First I spent all day cleaning, tearing down Christmas decor, and getting our house back in order.  Then I cooked D and I some Chicken Fried Steaks for supper, and we eventually made it out the door to celebrate with our friends.  We stayed out way too late, so the next day wasn't as fun!  We pretty much lounged all day, took naps, and watched tv.  Monday we didn't have to work so we lounged in the morning, looked at Honeymoon stuff, and then I finished my cleaning in the afternoon.  It was a great day!  We came back to work on Tuesday, but I wasn't ready to come back.

I've been really busy with wedding planning....we are under 4 months away, I can't believe it!  Save The Dates are a little behind schedule, but are going out today and tomorrow.  We are this close to booking our Honeymoon in the Bahama's.  I've been googling, pinning, and brainstorming like crazy for decorations, flowers, etc.  My mind has been going non-stop lately, I kind of feel like I'm in a whirlwind!  Me and the girls picked out a date for my bachelorette party and 1 of my showers for the end of March. 

So yes, it's been a little hectic around here, which is why I haven't been blogging much.  Hoping to change that, or at least get 1 post in a week from here until April...I will try, but no promises!!  Hope you are having a great start to the New Year!! :)

Here are some pictures from the last few weeks to catch you up (Chiefs game, Christmas, and New Years)...

Andrew, Ashley S, Aimee, Mom, D, Me, Trevor, and Nicole
We went out to eat at a Japanese Steak House while in the {big} city, yum!
 
Chiefs vs Green Bay Packers Game!
Michele, Ashley S, and I!

Bernie is his Christmas sweater on Christmas Eve

Me and Aunt Hatty on Christmas Eve

D with his new Chiefs shirt and Chiefs flag for the shed

D and his new Oakleys...yep total dork! ;)

Us on NYE!

Me and my friend Jess on NYE

Our friends, Jess and Jeff

D and Jeff on NYE!


1 comment:

  1. Great photos of a happy bunch.
    Wishing you all the best for 2012.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)