Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Our Lace Inspired Wedding Invites


Well we did it!!  We got married almost a month ago (will be a month next Monday!!), went on our honeymoon in the Bahamas, came back opened all of our gifts, and currently still trying to get our house and shed back in order!  Whew...not sure where this month has gone, but they say time flies when you're having fun!!  So now that the wedding is over, I will have more time to blog (I'm hoping anyways).  I tried to take as many pics along the way of the little things that I made, so I hope to have some great posts coming your way. 

Today, I will finally share our invites that D's Aunt Hatty created for us.  I helped her by giving her some inspiration pictures, and she took it from there.  My dress had lace on it, so that's where the scroll things come into place, plus it kind of ties in with our Save The Dates we sent out.  Our colors were Navy, Fuchsia, and Lime Green. 



Here is the invitation up close.  It's hard to see the true colors of the invite, because my camera isn't the best, but you get the idea!  We ordered a natural cream colored linen card stock from Paper & More, and she printed 2 invites per page and cut in the middle.


Here is the RSVP card that we did.  We decided instead of wasting the money supplying more stamps for a postcard that might get tossed or forgotten about, we would have people RSVP 3 different ways.  They could call/text, email our special wedding account, or enter in their names on our wedding website.  Overall, most people did the email thing.  And we still missed a lot, so we went through our guest list, guessed who was going to come, and then we were able to figure out our final RSVP for the caterer.  It worked out really well.  It was printed on the same card stock as the invite, she was able to print 4 to a page and cut them accordingly.  We mailed them out in a natural cream colored linen envelope a little over a month before the wedding.


Hatty did such an amazing job with our invites, and we received several compliments on them!  The best part is, they weren't like anyone else's, completely custom just for us!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)