Tuesday, May 29, 2012

DIY Monogrammed Cosmetic Bag


For my bridesmaids gifts, I wanted to give them something that was personalized and that they could use again.  So I started browsing at Hobby Lobby in the section that you can decorate bags, shirts, hair accessories, etc, and I found these waffle weave bags.  They were perfect for a small cosmetic bag.  The day I found them, they only had 3, and I needed 5.  I was afraid if I picked 3 up that day, I would forget to get more the next time, or even worse they wouldn't get anymore in.  So I took a picture, and decided I would browse around on the internet.  I ended up finding them over at Embroider This, and I ordered 5 Fuchsia colored bags.

I also found some "iron on" monogram letters in black at Hobby Lobby (these are the ones), and thought it would be a really cute way to personalize the cosmetic bags.  I picked up the letters that I needed: (3) A's, (1) M, and (1) D.  Instead of ironing them on, I picked up some "No Sew" fabric glue.  I figured that if it didn't work, I could always iron them on anyways.

These were really simple to make, but I will show you how I did them, just in case! ;) 


I first figured out where I wanted to put each letter, because each letter was different (well 3 of them were be different anyways), and made a little mark with a pen.  Then I took some "No Sew" and put some on the back of the letter.  After that I put the letter on the bag, hoping it was straight and even, and let it dry.  It didn't take long for the glue to dry, which was nice.





The finished product!! So cute!

I so wish I would've taken a picture of everything I put in it, but it was super close to the wedding, and I didn't even think about it.  I stuffed each of them with a necklace, earrings, stretchy bracelet, brooch, and their pink hair flower (purchased from gigglesnbowz etsy shop!) for them to wear at the wedding.  I then added a few fun/emergency things: a pack of tissues, travel sized pain reliever, travel pack of bandages, Pink Chiffon Body Spray, Pink Chiffon Lotion, a cute nail file, travel tin of Altoids, travel deodorant, package of peanut butter crackers, and a small bottle of Little Black Dress Blueberry Pomegranate Vodka (really good in sprite!)  Since Ashley was my Maid Of Honor, she got a little bit more: a 3wick Passion Flower candle, some Raspberry Hand soap, and her jewelry was a little bit different than the others.  I got a lot the gift ideas from Pinterest, imagine that!  Can you tell I love Bath & Body works stuff for gifts!?!?! 

The girls loved everything, and was really glad that I included in the emergency stuff.  You never know when you're gonna need some pain reliever, a band-aid, or better yet a shot of Vodka!! ;)

PS - sorry for the bad pictures...they were taken at night. :(


3 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I've been looking for bridesmaid's gift ideas and this would be amazing. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog is interesting and nice cosmetic bags.

    The site which i have referred promotes cosmetic bags supplier supplier sales through all over the world

    ReplyDelete
  3. The waffle weave bags were perfect for a small cosmetic bag and looked smart as well

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)