Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Our Wedding Details: DIY Lace Memorial Candle Holder

The next thing I created, which you sort of saw a sneak peek before the wedding (yeah, it was awhile ago, I know!), is our Memorial Candle Holder.  I wanted to tie in the lace from my dress & veil, which also inspired our wedding cake (I will show you our cake in another post, even though it's not DIY).


I purchased a $4 dollar vase from Dollar General, got a roll of flat lace trim from Hobby Lobby (with a coupon of course), and purchased a white pillar candle from Wal-Mart.  I cut up large scraps of lace to wrap around the vase, and modge podged them on there.  I did that until the who thing was covered, and of course filling in any gaps that might have formed.  I wanted it to look like I purchased it like that, so I also covered the bottom, and went all the way to the lip of the vase.  Once it was dry, I cut off the extra on the lip.  I sat the candle in the vase and it was ready to go.  I loved how it turned out, and it was very easy & cheap to make!  It was so pretty when it was lit during our ceremony! 

Supplies needed:
Clear Glass Vase
Lace (I purchased a roll)
Modge Podge
Scissors
Unscented Candle

This will be something that I will display in our home, once we get our house squared away.  So pretty!  What do you think?


Sources:
Candle Holder made by: Yours Truly!
Photography: Crossroads Photography
Vase: Dollar General
Lace: Hobby Lobby
Candle: Wal-Mart


Six Sisters Stuff
Not So Homemade
Sugar Bee Crafts
BruCrew Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)