Wednesday, September 12, 2012

DIY Miss to Mrs Bridal Shower Banner

Sorry for the little hiatus, I've been pretty busy lately! One of my best friends, Aimee, bridal shower was this past weekend.  Everything turned out great, and I couldn't be more happy for her!

I was in charge of the decorations & invites for the shower, and today I wanted to share with you the banner I created. It is a Miss to Mrs banner, and I think it turned out so cute!  I created it similar to Maycee's 1st Birthday Banner, but it's also a little different.



Her wedding colors are Purple, Silver, with pops of damask print. So I went with Purple, and Silver Damask print scrapbook paper. I cut out the purple a little bit bigger, and then cut out the silver a little bit smaller than the purple and the letters in the center. So instead of using vinyl for the letters, I cut them out of the 2nd layer of paper. After everything was cut out, I glued it all together and taped it to a piece of clear fishing string. I didn't have any ribbon on hand, so the fishing line worked perfect! I used my Sophisticated cartridge for the shapes, chandeliers, & the letters.

upclose of the 2 papers I used for the banner



Linking up too....
It's A Blog Party
Today's Creative Blog
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Somewhat Simple
Lovely Crafty Home
The Sisters of the Wild West
Polka Dots on Parade
Ginger Snap Crafts
How To Nest For Less
Six Sisters Stuff
Not So Homemade
Sugar Bee Crafts
BruCrew Life
Semi Homemade Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)