Adapted original recipe from allrecipes.com (with some added seasoning and personal notes)
|Ingredients: minus Asparagus and butter...Chicken was already marinated|
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing (any Zesty Italian dressing will work, but I used Kraft)
Fresh ground Pepper
1-2 Zucchini (depending on size, I used 2 small), peeled and chopped to saute
1 Red Bell Pepper, seeds removed and chopped (length wise)
1 small Onion, diced (however you like to cut up your onions for sauteing)
3 Tbsp Butter, separated in half (for each skillet)
1 bundle of Asparagus (cut off ends, 1"-1-1/2")
1. Pound out your chicken breasts and trim off the fat if there is any to trim off (I used my Pampered Chef Meat Tenderizer, flat side).
2. Put chicken into a ziploc bag and pour in Zesty Italian Dressing, and marinate for at least an hour (I like to marinate mine for at least 6 hours, the longer the better!).
3. Once chicken is marinated, place chicken in a light greased 9x13 glass baking dish. Discard the remaining marinade left in baggy (I drizzled a little extra over the top first).
4. Season chicken with Salt, Fresh Ground Pepper (or regular pepper), Minced Onion, and Garlic Salt (this is optional, but I like to add a little additional flavor).
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45minutes to 1 hour (mine took about 45-50 minutes, and it was perfect!).
6. Prep all veggies as stated above, and melt butter in 2 skillets over medium heat (unless you want to cook the asparagus with your Zucchini and Red Pepper, then 1 skillet is fine). Add in veggies and saute until desired doneness (I also seasoned the veggies with some salt and pepper while sauteing them).
7. Enjoy the awesomeness!
|Saute Zucchini, Red Bell Peppers, and Onion in butter|
|Saute Asparagus in butter until preferred doneness |
(I put a lid on it to speed up the cooking time)
This is one meal I could seriously eat just about everyday! I love Chicken, love love Zucchini, and love Red Bell Peppers!! Here are a few other recipes that have Zucchini, and Red Pepper, that you should check out (if you already haven't) and try!!
PS - The flu bug did attack me, but like I said Tuesday it was gone. However, Tuesday night I started to get a sore throat. So for now I'm battling that, and I will win!
PPS - It snowed here last week, but most of it melted away by the end of the week due to the nice weather that decided to join us for a couple days (more like a teaser!), and then Tuesday night it iced really bad and snowed a little bit last night. So we've been slipping and sliding around for the last couple days...not fun! Stay warm, everyone!
Linking up with...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
Today's Creative Blog
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Not So Homemade