Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Steak & Red Pepper Omelette's

Sunday morning  I made the best Steak & Red Pepper Omelette's for D and I (they looked more like scrambles, but lets call them Omelette's!!).  I haven't ever had a steak omelet before, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out.  I know I'm not the first to come up with this idea, but it was toooo good not to share!! :)

Steak and Red Pepper Omelet
(see its more like a scramble, but I like the word Omelet better!)
Let me back up...Friday night we had D's dad (mom was out of town), and his grandparents over for a delish supper.  We realized earlier in the week since we've lived there (moved in at the beginning of July mind you, and we live in the same {small}town), we haven't had either of them over for supper (yes I know, we're slackers).  D and I dry aged some Ribeyes and T-Bone steaks (yep from the 1/4 of beef we got a few months back), had some baked taters, and some awesome sauteed veggies (steaks were so big they took up the majority of the grill so we had to cook them on the stove).  Oh and I forgot some salad and his grandma brought some yummy butterscotch dessert stuff that she makes!!!  Mmmmm... :)

Fast forward to Sunday morning...those steaks were so huge we had some leftover, along with 2 baked taters.  So I thinly sliced up some steak, and red peppers and made us some omelette's, and then fried up the left over tators.  This will be on our list of things to make in the future when we make steak again...just FYI!!

You'll need the following...
Leftover Steak (I probably used 6-8 oz), thinly sliced
1/2 Red Pepper, take seeds out and dice
5-6 eggs, beat
1/4 Milk (approx only...more or less for your liking)
Salt to taste
Pepper to Taste,
Minced Onion to taste
Cheese (lots of cheese if you LOVE cheese like me!!)

Beat the milk and eggs together like you normally would for an omelet, and pour into lightly greased/heated skillet.  Add the Steak and Red Pepper, season to taste, and cover with cheese.  And then cook it like you normally would cook the omelet.  Next fry up some tators if you want, and then top the omelet off with some yummy salsa (it's good with out, but way better with)!!  Enjoy!

Sooooooo good!!! :)

Linking up with...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
Today's Creative Blog
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Somewhat Simple
Paisley's Passions
Not So Homemade

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! This looks REALLY GOOD! I love steak omelettes and you have a great suggestion of using leftover steak.

    If you get a chance, I'd love for you to link up to my What's Cooking Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SO yummy! I have not ever had a steak omelette but think I will make steak for dinner just to havethe left overs!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love meals that are created from left overs! We call it "pantry surprise" at our house. =) Thanks for linking up on Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So we had steak the other night and I had full intentions of using the leftovers for an omelette but someone got to them before me! But next time, I'm hiding a leftover steak for a good ole breakfast!

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's What's Cooking Wednesday! I hope you'll stop by this week and link up more awesome recipes :)

    1/19 What's Cooking Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)