Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Wonderful Start to the New Year...WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

Yep...you read the title right...

WE'RE ENGAGED!!!!

January 1, 2011 at 12:01 a.m. - D proposed to me!!!



The Timeline....
11:45pm - D and our friend Trevor sneak outside, I wanted them to hurry up so I could kiss my love at the stroke of midnight!
11:55pm - They make it back inside and D asks if I want to sit down, and I said that I wanted to stand and watch the ball drop on TV!
11:59pm (5 seconds to go) - <counting down> 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
12:00am - EVERYONE YELLS HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  I started giving everyone a hug in sight!!
12:00am (30 seconds into) - Trevor began to yell after everyone quieted down, I started to yell, and then my friend Kelly started to yell.  I turned around and gave my Mom and hug.
12:01am - I turned around from hugging Mom and there Dustin was on his knee asking ME to be HIS WIFE!!  I of course said YES!!  I didn't think there was any time in between him asking and me answering, but he said it felt like a good 5 min (it wasn't that long, trust me!)!! 

I was in total shock (in a really good way)!  I couldn't believe that he asked ME to be HIS WIFE!  All night long I just thought it was another New Years spent with the people we love (my Mom and our friends)...and he just made our night so much better!!!!  I just couldn't believe it! 

The next morning I was wide awake at 8am, and I just had to make sure it wasn't a dream...NOPE it wasn't, the RING was still there!!! :) :) :)

Apparently just about all of our friends knew (including Mom), except me!  (Way to go friends for being able to keep it a secret all night!!)  So then he told me when he asked my Dad, and how that went...he asked him the Sunday of the 2nd Deer Hunting trip we took to my {small} hometown.  (He was pretty brave to do it while they were hunting...with guns!)  Of course my Dad and D get along so well, so Dad told him it was ok to ask me to marry him.  When I called my Dad the next morning, he was ecstatic (as everyone else was too)!  Mom got to see the whole thing, and she cried!  He asked her at 11:30pm, and she about lost it then, but she did really good keeping it in until he popped the question!! 

Shortly after D proposed to me,
 the KC Nightlife people took a picture of us!

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year! 
Cheers to 2011 to be the best year yet!!!




7 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congrats! I gave you an award over on my blog. http://makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-lucky-can-one-gal-get-oh-yeah-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to celebrate the new year!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS KAYLA!!!!!!! NOW COME BACK TO KC AND SHOW US THAT ROCK Please Please please :)!!! :) Big hug for both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! How fun...getting engaged on New Years Eve!
    May you have a long and happy marriage!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, you both look blissfully happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much everyone!!!

    @Amber, next time we're in KC hopefully we can work something out and get together!! Miss you girl!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)