Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!!

WOW...I seriously can't believe that today is the end of 2010, and tomorrow will be the start of 2011.  Where has all of the time went this year?!  It's kind of bittersweet, ya know...sad to see it go, but at the same time I'm ready for an awesome new year!

I wanted to share briefly some my favorite moments were that took place in our lives in 2010 before I start talking about my "goals" and/or "resolutions" for 2011.  Here is to a great 2010...
  • D and I enjoyed a wonderful vacay in Miami Beach, FL at the beginning of March (loved it there, want to go back!)
  • We broke news to our family, friends, and co-workers that we were leaving the {big} city to start our new lives in a {small} town at the end of March.
  • D and I were able to see George Strait in concert again...3 years, 1 month, and 4 days (or something around there) since we had very first met! :)
  • In May we purchased our very {first} home!  (Sweat equity was very rewarding for us...it took a whole month straight of sweat, tears, and muscles so we could move in)
  • We finally moved in to our {new} house July 4th weekend!
  • Several of our friends were married over the summer and fall, and we tried to make it to as many as we could...(Congrats to you all if you're reading this!)
  • I started my very first blog!
  • We had our Housewarming Party!
  • We went to the Chiefs game!
  • D joined the volunteer Fire Department
  • I went on a Girls Trip and saw Lady A and David Nail in concert!
  • Went to Iowa for Thanksgiving to see D's Grandma Eudy
  • Last but not least...we had an amazing Christmas!
I'm off work until next Tuesday...we are back in the {big} city to spend NYE with my Mom, and our good friends!  We are going to dinner and to a band, it should be a great night/weekend!
Here were are last NYE!

So on to my "goals" and "resolutions" for 2011...
  • Try to be more patient with everyone (this is a big one for me!)
  • Spend more time serving the Lord and our community (haven't done much of that since we moved, so I would really like to get back into that)
  • Start up an exercise plan and stick with it (I'm really excited for this, and can't wait to start Zumba for the PS3 Move...and if any of you know me, I DON'T like to exercise!)
  • Spend more time with family (we already do this, but sometimes it can be challenging since we don't all live in the same town...this includes everyone from cousins to aunts & uncles)

Well that's all I have for now...I hope ya'll have a fun and safe New Years...

SEE YA NEXT YEAR!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great post, happy New Year. I am a new follower , I hope you would come by my blog as well.

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)