Thursday, December 23, 2010

More Christmas goodies - Chocolate Caramel Nut Bars

Last night I was busy!  Not only did I wrap all of D's presents and other remaining gifts, but I also I baked a homemade pizza, Cinnamon Roasted Almonds, and last but not least...CHOCOLATE-CARAMEL NUT BARS!  Just looking at the recipe over at Kraft.com made me want these bad boys, so I added them to my Christmas goodies list!  They kind of remind me of Toffee; mmmmm they are good!

Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 pkg. (12 oz.) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks (I used the squares and chopped them up) 
1 bag (14 oz.) KRAFT Caramels (about 50)
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 cup chopped Walnut Pieces

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Grease foil. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour and salt; beat on low speed until crumbly. Press firmly into prepared pan.

BAKE 15 min. or until edges are golden brown; sprinkle with chocolate chunks. Cover with foil. Let stand 5 min. or until chocolate is melted; spread evenly over crust. Refrigerate 15 min. or until set.


MICROWAVE caramels and cream in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until caramels begin to melt; stir until caramels are completely melted. Gently spread over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with walnuts; press nuts gently into caramel to secure. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 36 bars or triangles.


Ingredients


Beat Butter and Brown Sugar together


Add flour and salt until crumbly


Press into pan and bake for 15 minutes


Sprinkle with chocolate and cover with foil


After chocolate has set, evenly spread melted caramel over the top,
and then sprinkle walnuts and press walnuts into caramel.
Let cool and set.

Side note: I put them in an airtight container once they cooled, and then into the refrigerator; I think they were better.

I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas this weekend.  I'm off now to finish up my baking (Oreo Truffles and some Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies and that project (can't wait to show you next week)!

Linking up with...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Lots of treats at your place! I bet this is yummy!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)