Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wrapped Christmas Books!

I have been decorating for Christmas, and on our bookshelf I have 4 books stacked with a picture frame on it.  However, I the books didn't really match the Christmas spirit, so I had to think of a way to either find something else to put there, or cover them.  I decided to save a little money, and just re-cover the books for Christmas!  I've seen other bloggers do this with wrapping paper and scrapbook paper, but I didn't have any of those (well that I liked for this), so I used some cheap tissue paper...in Christmas colors of course!  It was really easy and took me a matter of 10 minutes to do all 4 books.  I really like how it turned out...

Supplies: Tissue paper, books, scissors, and tape.
  
Step 1: Put book on a couple pieces of tissue paper
and measure out how much you'll need.

Step 2: Cut off the amount needed to cover the book.
You'll want enough to tape the edges of the tissue paper on the inside of the book.
 
Step 3: Fold and tape the tissue paper edges into the inside of the book.
 
Step 4: If there is excess around the edges, trim it off.
 
And you're done!
Repeat Steps 1-4 for your remaining books!
(I know you can see the picture coming through, but the books will be stacked!)
 
All 4 books stacked and done!
(The white one says "Christmas Wishes", which I covered it with the green plaid first
so the book cover wouldn't show through since it's on the top.)
 
Here is a closeup of them stacked on the bookshelf.
 
Stacked on the bookshelf with the picture setting on top!
 Oh and it cost me close to nothing to do this.  I had everything already, including the tissue paper which I happened to purchase last year after Christmas.  So we're talking pennies, maybe $.10!


Linking up with...
The Girl Creative
Todays Creative Blog
Somewhat Simple
What Allie's Making Now
The Shabby Chic Cottage
It's a Blog Party

4 comments:

  1. You are too cute! You're making me feel like the christmas lights I pinned up weren't as creative as I originally thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great idea, good for reusing last year's paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very smart! It adds the right pop to a coffee table or shelf!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)