Friday, December 10, 2010

Hearty Round Steak Casserole!

I found this recipe in my Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook about 6 months ago, and we fell in love with it!  I love cooking with my Crockpot, and this is actually pretty easy!  Here is the recipe!

Ingredients
(Red Bell Pepper not shown)
Throw everything in the Crockpot!

This is how it should look after about 6 hours on high!

Ingredients:
2 lbs Round/Cube/Minute Steak
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 Onion, sliced
3-4 Potatoes
1 can French Cut Green Beans
1 can Tomato Soup
1 can of Diced Tomatoes
1 glove Garlic, minced (I used 2 this time, because the one I had was pretty small)
1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced (not shown in ingredient picture, but I added it last minute...DELISH!)

Directions:
1. Season meat with Salt and Pepper on both sides, place in the bottom of Crockpot.
2. Add Onion, Potatoes, Green Beans, Tomato Soup, Diced Tomatoes, Garlic, and Red Bell Pepper.*
3. Add more Salt and Pepper and other seasonings if you want. (I used Salt, Pepper, and some Rufus Teague Meat Rub.)
4. Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours or High for 4-6 hours.
5. Remove cover during the last half hour if too much liquid has collected.

*Please note that when adding the ingredients over meat, it doesn't look like a whole lot of juice/liquid; don't add anything there will be a lot of juice once its done cooking!

So yummy!
 I loved how I was able to come home on my lunch break, prepare everything and throw it into the Crockpot and went back to work.  When I got home, the house smelled amazing!  If you decide to give this recipe a try, let me know how it turns out!!


Linking up with...
The Girl Creative
Todays Creative Blog
Somewhat Simple
What Allie's Making Now
The Shabby Chic Cottage
It's a Blog Party

3 comments:

  1. I also love making one pot meals in the crock pot. This recipe looks like a winner. This will be in my must try recipes after Christmas. Thanks it really looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like Sunday dinner for us tomorrow! Awesome! Thank you for sharing your recipe!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that you were "Miss Martha Stewart" Kayla! You always have the most delicious recipes!!

    Also, thankfully Dave didn't know this uncle that was killed because it was a long time ago, but I am still going to remember that story for safety reasons!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)