Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Our Christmas!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas this year!!!

D and I had such a wonderful Christmas all around...we ate some awesome food (lots of it), got some neat gifts, and best thing of all was that we got to spend time with our families!  There is a lot of planning and preparation for Christmas, but it is so worth it in the end!

Christmas Eve (afternoon) we went to D's parents house and opened gifts, and then for supper we went to his Grandparents house.  We ate, told stories, laughed, opened gifts, and laughed some more!  We were so tired by the time we got home, but knew in 6 hours we had to get up and get ready to go to my families.  Christmas Day we went to my Dad's for lunch, which I think will be a new tradition for us.  We all brought something to share for lunch, ate, laughed, opened gifts, and laughed some more!  That afternoon we went to my other Grandparents house, which is where my Mom was.  We opened gifts, laughed, told stories, ate supper, and laughed even more at the guys shooting eachother with Nerf guns!  Later on that night, we went back to Brett and Ashley's house; my cousin and her hubby from Washington came over...the night consisted of catching up, wine, beer, Boxer or Briefs, laughing hysterically, singing "going to Utah...going to Utah" (while doing an awkward robot dance), and shot gunnin' beers!  (Most of it ended up on the floor, but that didn't matter...we had a BLAST!)  I haven't seen them since their wedding which was over a year ago, and before that it had been a few.  So by the time we were all finished with Christmas, all of our faces and stomachs hurt from laughing so much! 

Here are a few snapshots from Christmas at my Dad's house...I didn't think to take any other pictures (which I wish I would have now) at our other Christmas celebrations.

Bernie and Grandpa Dave

Bernie chewing on his new bone from Grandpa Mark (my dad!)
 
Ashley, Me, and sis-inlaw Kelli (she thinks she's a jokster!)
Yes, Ashley surprised both Kelli and I with our very own Ugly Christmas Sweater!
I have one, but couldn't find it...no biggie, Ashley was to the rescue!
Oh and this should totally be our Christmas Card next year :)

I can see it already!

Grandma Jean and Grandpa Dave
 
Bernie and my love!
 
Bernie waiting so patiently for us to give him his bone back!

Here are some pictures from the end of the night....

Alicia and her hubby Jake
(go check out her blog - hilarious!)
 
Me and Jake

Alicia and I
(apparently something was really funny?)

No explanation needed.


I LOVE my family!!

2 comments:

  1. looks like you had a great time. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I just read this. Oh my... Thanks for a great time YET AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)