Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wallpaper experience

This past weekend D and I went back to my {small} hometown!  It was such a fun weekend!  Friday night we went out to supper with my dad, one of his best friends, brother, and Ashley.  We went to this "hole in the wall" kind of place about 20 minutes south of town (btw the "hole in the wall" places are the best places to eat!), and well my Dad has a tendency to make friends wherever he goes, especially if he's had a few beers!  This time he made friends with a bunch of young hunters, it was embarrassing, but at the same time really hilarious!  Anyways, I guess you had to be there! 

Saturday morning I went out to my Grandma's farm and helped her put up new wallpaper.  I've never put up wallpaper, I've only tore it down in our new house.  Tearing it down pretty much made me hate wallpaper, and I told myself I would never put it up.  Well I would never put it up in my house, but would be glad to help Grandma out!  She had everything tore down on the one wall we were going to wallpaper, so that was nice.  It really wasn't too hard, and we didn't really have to match up the edges since it wasn't really a print.  Here are the before and after shots.  I think it turned out really nice!
old plaster walls before putting up the new wallpaper

 

This was the hardest part to do!
All in all, it was really nice to spend time with my Grandma and help her out.  She ended up giving me some old BALL MASON JARS, which I was super excited out!  I've seen several projects out in blog land, and I can't wait to come up with something! 

D and my brother went hunting while I helped wallpaper.  He was looking for that huge buck that my Dad and Grandpa had been talking about for a couple of years now.  Dad and Grandpa have seen him several times, and it's supposed to be a "monster", like a 14-16 point buck.  Well after all weekend of searching and staking out in the middle of the fields where he's been spotted, he didn't have any luck.  There is still a little bit of time left for deer season, so I hope he gets his "trophy" buck!  Here is his first buck from last year...

His very first buck!
Saturday night we went to a family friends annual party, ate tons of food, and caught up with people we haven't seen in awhile!  Sunday morning I was wide awake, so Ashley and I joined my grandparents at church, and then we decided to cook the guys an awesome lunch!  We had Green Bean Dumpling Soup and Oven Fried Chicken Fingers.  Sometime I'll have to share the recipe with you...but it's my Grandmas so I'm a little hesitant right now!!!  :)

This week I will be also posting about our Christmas Tree and other Christmas decor, and a recipe (maybe more than 1)!  Stay tuned... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)