Thursday, December 23, 2010

2 Days Until Christmas...Cinnamon Roasted Almonds!

I'm starting to stress a little, because I still have a couple more things to bake and finish that project I've been working on...but I should be ok, because I decided to take off work early today so I can be sure to tackle it all!

So you know the awesome Cinnamon smell when you walk into the Mall around the holidays?!  That has to be one of my favs about the mall around this time...those Cinnamon Roasted Almonds smell so good and they are really tasty!  Well our house smelled just like that last night, because I made some of my very own!  And let me tell you, they are just as good as the ones you get at the mall!!  I found the recipe here back in October and knew this would be perfect for Christmas!  Mmmm...so crunchy and sweet, I can't wait to share them with family!  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
4 cups Almonds
1 Egg White
1 teaspoon of Vanilla
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 250, line 2 baking sheets with foil, and lightly grease pans(I only used 1, and definitely line it with foil and spray it!)
2. In a large bowl beat the egg white until it becomes frothy
3. Stir in the almonds and vanilla
4. In a separate bowl, mix sugars, salt, and cinnamon together.
5. Add the sugar mixture over the almonds, and toss to coat (I just gently stirred them until they were evenly coated)
6. Evenly spread on to baking sheet
7. Bake for 1 hour until golden brown. Stir occasionally so they'll bake evenly (2-3 times).
8. Try not to become addicted to these little guys!!


Ingredients


Step 1: Beat egg white until frothy (sorry not the best picture)


Step 2: Toss in almonds and vanilla


Step 3: Add in sugar mixture and gently stir to coat evenly.
(See all that goodness on those Almonds!!)
Bake for 1 hour stirring occasionally until golden brown...ENJOY!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Linking up with...

4 comments:

  1. Ah, perfect! I seriously am planning to make some spicy almonds today for various Christmas gatherings, and was thinking, "I wish I had a sweet recipe to go with it." Now I do! THANKS! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this smells fabulous! Thank you for sharing your recipe!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you made these. I'm glad you enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm searching for that zucchini bread recipe and came across this one... yum. I'm book marking it for later :+)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)