So you know the awesome Cinnamon smell when you walk into the Mall around the holidays?! That has to be one of my favs about the mall around this time...those Cinnamon Roasted Almonds smell so good and they are really tasty! Well our house smelled just like that last night, because I made some of my very own! And let me tell you, they are just as good as the ones you get at the mall!! I found the recipe here back in October and knew this would be perfect for Christmas! Mmmm...so crunchy and sweet, I can't wait to share them with family! Enjoy!
4 cups Almonds
1 Egg White
1 teaspoon of Vanilla
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 250, line 2 baking sheets with foil, and lightly grease pans(I only used 1, and definitely line it with foil and spray it!)
2. In a large bowl beat the egg white until it becomes frothy
3. Stir in the almonds and vanilla
4. In a separate bowl, mix sugars, salt, and cinnamon together.
5. Add the sugar mixture over the almonds, and toss to coat (I just gently stirred them until they were evenly coated)
6. Evenly spread on to baking sheet
7. Bake for 1 hour until golden brown. Stir occasionally so they'll bake evenly (2-3 times).
8. Try not to become addicted to these little guys!!
|Step 1: Beat egg white until frothy (sorry not the best picture)|
|Step 2: Toss in almonds and vanilla|
|Step 3: Add in sugar mixture and gently stir to coat evenly.|
(See all that goodness on those Almonds!!)
Bake for 1 hour stirring occasionally until golden brown...ENJOY!
Linking up with...