Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Girls Weekend...much deserved!

Wow...I just realized it's been awhile since I've posted anything!  Things have been crazy hectic around here, so I haven't had a whole lot of time to blog!

This past weekend my brothers girlfriend, my cousins wife, and I (we all happen to be great friends) headed east for a Girls Weekend!!  We all have been so consumed with life lately and haven't had a whole lot of time to enjoy it much, so we made sure to make the most of it!  Friday we jumped in Jens car and took off to the big city.  When we got there we went to visit Ashley's cousin and new baby.  Little did we know, we were also about to meet the BIGGEST Bulldog any of us had EVER seen!  He's only 3-4 years old, looks and is built like a pig, but the poor guy is deaf.  He was pretty entertaining!  Meet George...


After visiting with her cousin (and George!) we headed to Mom's!  We were ready for some Beer and Margarita's at Mia Ranchito...it had been a really long day!  We went to Bass Pro Shops to check out their home stuff and Jen wanted to look at hunting stuff.  After that we decided we were going out for a couple of beers to wind down; after all we had been in a car all day, getting road rage as soon as we hit the big city, and even got a little claustrophobic!! 

Saturday morning we got up, Mom made us some breakfast, and we headed out shopping for the day.  The plan was to get some Christmas shopping knocked out, and try not to buy anything for ourselves (that never works out!).  Check out this GINORMOUS cheese grater Ashley & Jen found at Home Goods (which is one of my fav stores!)...
Now that's a cheese grater...only $99.99!
We managed to hit up the following stores before it was time to get back to Mom's...Home Goods, Bed Bath & Beyond, Hobby Lobby, Maurices, Victoria's Secret, JC Penney, Aeropostale, Le Gourmet Chef, and Bath & Body Works.  Needless to say once we were done, we were done!  On our way home we hit up Starbucks for a little "pick me up", and then to the liquor store for a 40 ouncer!  Yep, I said a 40!  So we were loaded with caffeine and a little beer!

That's how we roll!
(just to clarify, we were sitting in the parking garage!)
 We got ready for the LADY ANTEBELLUM concert and headed off to have a great night...this after all was the main reason for our trip!  Lets just say they were AMAZING!!!  So was David Nail who opened up for them...yum! ;)  Here are some pictures from Saturday night...
Us 4 waiting for the concert to start!

We had so much fun!

Daivd Nail...opening act!

Mom and Jen!

David Nail...Lady A came out and sat in the middle
and drank beer while he performed!

Lady Antebellum!!!!
 
"It's a  quarter after 1, I'm a little drunk and I need you now...!"

Me and Danielle!
All in all, we had such a great time; it was so much fun just us girls, doing girly stuff!  We laughed so hard the whole entire weekend, which is just what we needed!  I can't wait to plan another girls trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)