Monday, November 8, 2010

Cinnamon-licious Pancakes!

Last week Thursday I made some of the BEST pancakes ever for supper (breakfast for supper = pure awesomeness!)...and no they weren't just plain ol' pancakes!  They were these Cinnamon Bun Pancakes, and I found them over at the How Does She blog.  Those ladies are brilliant...go check them out if you already aren't a follower! :)  I loved how when I was mixing the batter up, I could already smell the yummy-ness that I was about to eat!  I love anything made with Cinnamon (like these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins or this Heavenly Zucchini Bread) and I'm pretty sure I'll be making these any day over the plain ol' pancakes!  D hates pancakes, I mean every time I mention making pancakes he comes up with something else for me to make.  But I didn't give in this time, I told him he had to try them, because that's what I wanted to make.  His first bite went something like *bite* "oh these are so delicious!..." and then he continued to shovel the rest of them into his mouth!  I fried up some bacon (mmm...bacon!), and it was the best of both worlds...Cinnamon-licious sweetness and bacon saltiness!

Ok...my mouth is watering just telling you about them, I better get with the pictures and recipe!!


Ingredients

Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl!

Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl!

Combine both of them together, and mix!

Grease up your griddle/skillet, pour batter in
let it get golden brown, and flip!
Mine looked more like footballs!

Mmm...Cinnamon-licious Pancakes and Salty Bacon!!!
 Ingredients:
1 1/2  cups Flour
3 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
4 tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Cinnamon (I used a little more like the recipe on How Does She suggested)
2 large Eggs, beaten
1 cup Milk (I added just a smidgen more, it was too thick)
2 Tbsp Corn Syrup (I used Light Corn Syrup, turned out fine)
1/4 cup Butter, melted
1 Tbsp Vanilla

Directions:
1. Grease up your skillet/griddle with Butter, Crisco, or Pam Spray, and heat to medium/low heat.
2. Mix all of the Dry Ingredients in a Large Mixing bowl, set aside.
3. Mix all of the Wet Ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Combine the Wet Ingredients in with the Dry Ingredients in the Large mixing bowl, mix well.
5. Drop the batter into the heated skillet/griddle, wait until there are bubbles, and flip!
6. Once both sides are golden brown (only takes a few minutes), get them ready on your plate...and I sprinkled them with EXTRA Cinnamon and cover in syrup!  OMGosh so goooooood! 

Side Note: How Does She also has a recipe for Maple Icing Syrup, but I just used my favorite syrup that I had at home.  They were plenty sweet and yummy for us!  Also their pictures are way better looking than mine, our camera doesn't do these bad boys justice!!


Linking up with...
At Home with Haley
It's A Blog Party
Today's Creative Blog
The Girl Creative
What Allie's Making Now

1 comment:

  1. Those look REALLY good!! Will you come make breakfast for me? :)
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)