Thursday, August 26, 2010

Heavenly Zucchini Bread


When I was a little girl, my Great Grandma Elsie always made the BEST Zucchini Bread!  She would makes loaves, cakes, and cupcakes.  When I would go visit here, she would have some sitting out waiting on me to devour!  She passed away in 2000, so I rarely had Zucchini Bread and if I did it wasn't ever the same. 

Last year when D and I lived in the "Big City" we had a small garden in our backyard and Zucchini was one thing I wanted to plant.  Little did I know once it started growing, I had Zucchini coming out of my ears!!  One day I called up my Grandma and asked her for Great Grandma's recipe and she gave it to me.  I was so excited to make it the first time; it turned really moist and full of sweet flavor, it was heavenly (although hers will always be best in my heart!!)!  I've made it a few times since then and D's grandpa brought us over a large Zucchini last week so I decided it was time to make some more bread.  I thought I would share this special recipe with you!  It makes the yummiest breakfast and afternoon snack!  If you decide you want to give this recipe a try, please be sure to leave me comment and let me know how it turns out!!!  Enjoy!





Ingredients:
3 Eggs, beaten
2 cups Sugar
3 cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (i use walnuts)
3 cups grated Zucchini, peeled
1 cup Oil
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Cinnamon

Directions:
1. Wash and peel Zucchini, and grate.
2. In large bowl, add beaten Eggs, Oil, Sugar, and Vanilla. Mix well.
3. Add grated Zucchini in with Mixture. Mix well.
4. In separate bowl, sift (or mix really well) the remaining dry ingredients together (Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Baking Powder, and Cinnamon)
5. Add dry ingredients to Zucchini mixture, mix well.
6. Stir in Nuts
7. Pour batter into loaf pans (makes 2), and bake at 325* for 1 hour.  If it's not done (top jiggles), bake in 4 minute increments until done, just make sure you watch it so it doesn't burn.  You can also check it with a toothpick to see if it's done.
8. Cool for a little bit, cut in slices, and DEVOUR!!!




2 comments:

  1. My mom just gave us a zucchini and I had no idea what to do with it. I'm totally stealing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found it... gonna make it this week and link to you dear.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)