Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My First Attempt!

A few years ago, I hadn't even heard of Blogging, and now here I am starting up my own Blog. A few of my friends back in KC have their own, and it's so much fun to read and see what they've been up too.  I've actually turned into a blog stalker, stalking random peoples blogs even though I have no clue who they are! I've found some really awesome crafts, recipies, and funny stories, which now has inspired me to start up my own. Who knows how entertaining mine will be, but I hope you enjoy my random posts. I'm still trying to figure out all the "code" stuff to make my Blog look cool, but I'll eventually figure it out!

So a little background as to why my Blog is named "Small Town Life"...

I grew up in a small town in Central KS, population of about 5000. I liked growing up there, we didn't have to worry about much of anything.  You can seriously drive across town in less than 5 minutes! As soon as I graduated highschool, I moved to Kansas City to go to college at JCCC; I graduated there in 2006.  I then met the love of my life, Dustin at a George Strait concert in March of 2007.
We immediately hit it off and I moved in with him in June of 2008. At the beginning of 2010 we started talking about moving somewhere, and getting out of KC. We both liked the idea of moving back to Western KS to his hometown, population of about 1200 people. So in March we packed up all of our things and headed back west. We lived with his parents for a few months while we looked for houses. We bought our first house at the end of May and moved in the beginning of July (i'll post pictures later of our house). We both work at his dad's business; I am one of the secretaries, and he gets his hands dirty in the shop and field building/working on engines for race cars and the oilfield industry. We love, love our little house, and being so close to both of our families. We couldn't ask for more!! And this is why I named my Blog "Small Town Life"! 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)