Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First true snow of Winter...

Before Sunday night/Monday morning we've had snow one other time, but it literally just dusted the streets and was gone the next day.  All last week, the weatherman kept predicting a huge snow storm that was going to effect our {small} town and mostly the whole state of KS.  I wasn't really sure what to think, especially since the weather went from hot (summer), warm (fall), a little brisk (winter), nice (yep, still winter), brutally cold (normal winter), nice again (like we're talking 60 degree weather in the middle of December here...crazy!), and back to being brutally cold (hello winter...I think you've finally arrived!).  This morning when D and I came to work his truck said it was -2 degrees out...burr...that's not even including the wind chill factor.  I don't even want to know what that was. 

Anyways, back to our snow storm we got...we got maybe 3-4 inches.  We were supposed to get like 6-8 inches total, but I think it went around us.  Oh well, I'm not complaining, at least we finally got some moisture.  Here are a couple pictures I took (the backyard was covered a lot more than the front)...

Bernie on the back porch...his little paws were freezing!

Front of the house, not as much as the backyard
(our house doesn't lean, I think it's the photographer!!)

Looking down the street...brrr...

The only bad part about all of this is, my car wouldn't start yesterday or today...it's that cold out!  We are going to charge the battery up today, so hopefully that will fix it and it'll be back to the norm instead of hitching a ride with D!

Stay warm, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)