We've been really busy getting things ready for Christmas, but there is always a little time to do a fun craft! Last week was a really bad week, just 1 bad day after the next. So for a little stress reliever, I decided to create some Christmas decorations that I spotted on Pinterest awhile back, which also inspired me to recreate the whole garland look shown over at The Good Stuff blog! Check it out!
I'm sure this is nothing new, but I thought it turned out too cute not to share with my readers!
So for this project you will need the following:
- Cardboard (I used the flaps from a box that I no longer needed)
- Letters (or stencils -- I printed out some letters on the computer, and cut them out)
- Marker (for tracing letters)
- Scissors or Utility Knife/Box Cutters
- Modge Podge
- Glitter (I used gold!)
- Decide on how big you want your letters, type them up, print them out, and cut.
- Trace the cut out letters onto cardboard, and then cut out the cardboard letters.
- Slather the front of letters with Modge Podge, then sprinkle glitter onto letters and let dry.
- Decorate with them as you wish!
|traced letters ready to be cut out|
|Love the Cabelas ad underneath?! Thanks to my hubs for letting me use that to catch all of that glitter!|
I had everything I needed, so for me, this was a free craft!! Even better!! I had some extra cardboard box flaps, so I plan on making another set to possibly use outside for something fun to hang. I hope to do that sometime this week!
So have you been doing any crafting in the midst of the busy holiday season?! We are all done Christmas shopping, 3/4 of the gifts are wrapped, just waiting on the last to be delivered this week, and then I need to start on all of the baking!
Linking up too...