Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Life lately...

Whew...it's been crazy around here lately!  We've been on the go it seems for the whole month of July...where has it gone?!  Here is what we've been up to lately...

A few weeks ago, we met up with my brother & Ashley, Mom, and Grandpa for supper and racing.  We first started off the day shopping, went and saw Ted the movie (totally hilarious, btw!), and then supper.  After supper we headed out to the racetrack to watch mainly the Sprint Cars & School Bus races (those were too funny!).  We sat at the south end of track, thinking that would be the best since it was windy and the track was dry.  It worked for awhile, and then the wind switched.  By the time the races were over, we were filthy!  We had a blast though!

Me and Ash

a little hard to see....Sprint Cars

School buses racing

The 23rd was my 26th birthday, which turned out to be not too bad after all.  However, it didn't start off the greatest, because when I woke up, I could barely move my neck.  I felt really crippled!  About a week before the wedding I had the same issues, and it appeared again the morning of my birthday.  So I have been going to the chiropractor a few times last week, and once this week to try and get it worked out.  I am hoping that I won't need to get an MRI (I've already had an xray, and they found out that my neck is way to straight) or shots for the pain.  So far the pain has subsided on it's own, so I'm thinking it's getting better.  Anyways, back to my birthday...my sweet hubby sent me a dozen orangish red roses and box of chocolates!  I was really surprised when they delivered them, and made my day better.  My inlaws also cooked me my favorite birthday supper: ham & beans with fried noodles...so good! 


This last weekend we went back to my {small} hometown for our family reunion.  Friday night we were out at the farm with my grandpa's family, played games, ate way too much home cooked food, drove golf carts around, and shot the breeze.  Saturday morning was the golf tournament out at the farm, and Ashley & I drove around with beer, water, and Gatorade.  We donated the money made towards the golf course, which my brother Brett takes care of.  D's team (D, brother Jerrod, cousin Tom, and Uncle Danny) ended up taking first with a score of 4 under.  They were pretty stoked about that!  Saturday afternoon is when all of the whole family got together (decedents of the original 5 brothers).  Saturday night we met back out at farm and redid Friday night all over.  It was so much fun, and so good to see all of our family, some of which we hadn't seen since the wedding 3 months ago, and some for at least 3+ years.  Sunday we were exhausted and didn't do much after we got home.

Me, Bernie & Ashley on the drink cart!
 
Decedents of the original 5 brothers
(cousins & siblings..not everyone present)

 
This is my Great Grandpa's family, who was 1 of the 5 original brothers (passed away when my dad was little).
A little fact about him...he was 16 when he came over from Russia, and he hid on the boat all by himself.
They found him, but since he was such a big kid, they put him to work instead of throwing him overboard.
What a brave young man he was, but that was his only option if he wanted to escape Russia alive.
 
Front: Grandpa, Grandma, Dad
Back: Jerrod, Kelli, D, Me, Brett, Ashley

The next couple of weekends we don't have a whole lot planned, but I have a lot I need to get done at our house/shed...it's a disaster!!  It's just been too hot to do much after work, so hopefully I can get things done soon.

How has your summer been?  Has life been busy lately, and do you feel as if the summer has completely flew by?  I know I do, the only thing I'm not liking about summer this year is the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)