For Thanksgiving, D and I ventured up to Iowa to see his Grandma and Aunt that live there. We didn't have the traditional Thanksgiving Turkey, but we did have some amazing food. Then it was followed up by some scrumptious Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie his Grandma made. I was in LOOOOOVE, and I don't even like regular Pumpkin Pie! So much in fact after it was all gone, there was some of the melted good stuff in the bottom of the pan, that I HAD to spoon it out! It was THAT tasty! We all raved about it, and D doesn't like anything pumpkin, but he really liked this. So I had his Grandma mail me the recipe, it arrived about a week before Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!
|I love this pumpkin pie plate my grandma gave me, you've alse see it used with my Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecakes!|
D and I had our very own Christmas this year the night before Christmas Eve. It was great, and especially because this would be our 1st Christmas as Mr. & Mrs.! We hung out together all day, lounging, prepping supper, and then cooking. We made steaks, baked potato, and fresh green beans for supper, and for dessert we had Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie!! Talk about an amazing meal all together!
9in Graham Cracker Pie Crust (pre-made)
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
1/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. If you want pecans added, this is when you'll add them in. Mix well.
2. Add slightly softened ice cream, mix well.
3. Spoon into graham cracker crust, and cover.
4. Freeze for 3-4 hours, or until ready to eat.
5. Remove from freezer 15 min before serving (it will make it easier to cut & eat).
6. Top with whipped cream if desired (this Cinnamon Whipped Cream would be perfect)
Well what do you think? I do know this will be a recipe that will be put in my "to make again" recipe file. And let me reassure you, that you're going to LOVE this recipe as well as your family!
You might also like my Snickers Ice Cream Pie! ;)
Linking up too...