Friday, July 15, 2011

Snickers Ice Cream Pie!

So this dessert is seriously to die for, no joke!  If you're a calorie counter, you may want to just stop reading...unless you're BRAVE!!  muahahahaha *evil laugh* 

No but seriously, after D took one bite of this ice cream pie, he made sure I knew this was the best dessert he's ever had!  He doesn't even like dessert, he avoids sweets, so that's how I knew it was good.  Then when I sat down to take my first bite, I was like in heaven...I'm not joking!  I told D that we need to have friends come over and share, so I don't end up eating the whole pie by myself! 

I found this recipe over at How Does She (if you aren't a follower/subscriber, what are you waiting on, go check them out!) and right away I knew I had to make it.  Well the ingredients set in my freezer, pantry, and refrigerator for awhile now, and it was calling my name.  So I finally decided to take the calorie plunge and put it together!  It's pretty and it's tasty!  It's the best dessert, especially for the hot summer months...no baking required!!  The only things I changed was I didn't use an Oreo Crust, I used Chocolate Pie Crust, and I used regular Hot Fudge instead of Dark Chocolate, it was perfect! 


Snickers Ice Cream Pie
I'm already thinking of ways to change it up, it's that easy.  D said we should just buy the stuff for it, and make this pie all time so we have it, instead of just ice cream!  Count me in!!  Well maybe not all the time, we are planning a wedding here! ;)


Ingredients:
1 quart Vanilla Ice Cream, softened (you'll probably use 3/4 of it)
*1 package of Snickers Fun Size candy bars, chopped (more or less for your liking!)
*Hot Fudge Topping, warmed
Chocolate pie crust
Whip Cream & a Cherry (optional)

Directions:
1. Soften ice cream in a large bowl
2. Add in chopped Snickers, and stir together
3. Smear warmed Hot Fudge on bottom of pie crust and on the sides (be gentle)
4. Spoon ice cream into pie crust, cover, and freeze for at least a few hours until it's set.
5. Cut into pie slices, take a piece out, drizzle some warmed Hot Fudge on top, and dive right in!!

Look at all of that yummy!


It may or may not put you into a coma,
a good kind of a coma of course...just kidding! ;)

*Tips - Snickers are easier to chop when they have been refrigerated or frozen.  Warm the hot fudge for 15-20 seconds and stir.

Did you also know that July is National Ice Cream Month?!  What a perfect dessert for an awesome month!!


Linking up too...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Somewhat Simple
Paisley's Passions
Lovely Crafty Home
Just a Girl
The Sisters of the Wild West
Polka Dots on Parade
Little Brick Ranch - Foodie Friday
This Chick Cooks

3 comments:

  1. ummm YES PLEASE! This looks so delicious! And count calories?!?! Haha yeah right! The more the better :)

    Happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure looks like tehh Best thing Ever! Saving this one for my kid's next visit.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delicious looking. Snickers are one of my favorite candy bars. I don't think I could make this unless I had a party to take it to because it just sounds so very yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)