Wednesday, July 13, 2011

She said yes, and meet Black Betty!!

Friday we went to the {big} city, and we had an amazing weekend!  Friday night we met up with a couple friends and had some drinks.  It was great to catch up, it had been probably close to year since we had seen one couple.  Saturday D and I decided to go car shopping; we were just going to check out a couple models, and maybe test drive a couple.  We didn't have any intentions of buying or leasing just yet...well they got us!!  After spending the afternoon at a Hyundai dealership, and many price discussions, we walked out of there with a new car for me!!  It is a Black 2011 Hyundai Sonata turbo, and it's awesome!  This is a HUGE deal for me, because I've never had a brand new car.ever. 
 
I shall call her "Black Betty"!!
Probably so I can say "Whoa Black Betty"!!
  Here is a run down with my first 2 vehicles.  My senior year I drove a 1985 Chevrolet Caprice Classic (yes it was older than me), and I loved it once I got over the fact it was an old beater car!  There were a lot of memories in that car!  When I left for college it sat for awhile, and then my grandpa drove it around for awhile.  My dad eventually sold it to some random in town.

I called him "Henry", so I could say "Oh Henry", like the candy bar!
source
My second semester of my 1st year in college, my grandparents picked out a 1998 Ford Taurus for me...but I had to pay them back, even though I had no idea they were getting this car.  It was a car and I didn't really care since I was in the {big} city...I needed to be able to get around town without having to share a vehicle with my mom.  I've had this car since December 2004 until now; it's been a great car, but I don't trust it on long road trips.  It has 169K on it, and it's not worth very much at all.  I didn't even have to trade it in, will sell it to some random I'm sure!
I called it all sorts of things..."Chevy" Taurus (I'm not a ford person),
Silver Bullet, The Bomb, POS, etc...
source
Ok, enough about my car history, on to more exciting news!  My friends Aimee & Ryan are FINALLY engaged!  They've been together for 7 years, and I've known them for probably close to 6.5 of them.  Ryan text me a couple weeks ago and let us in on his BIG plans, which were to take her on a Hot Air Balloon ride.  It is something they've always wanted to do, so they finally did it.  (But they almost didn't get to go, because of the wind.)  She just thought they were going out for some sushi with friends, and then going out afterwards.  Well after sushi, they headed over to their ride.  She had a feeling once she knew they were doing that he was going to propose, and she waited and waited.  Towards the end their pilot took them over a lake for a "skim" in the lake.  Ryan's iPad was on the floor of the balloon, and it got soaked, because he immersed them in water, not just a skim!  Not only was his iPad possibly ruined, there feet were soaked!  This made her forget about him proposing.  Right before they landed he asked her to marry him, and she said yes!!  The reason he had his iPad with them, he made a slide show of pictures with music, but it was too loud so he decided to wait until they got in the car.  She bawled at that point!  Once they left where they landed she assumed they would be going home, but he told her that it doesn't end there.  They pulled into this bar and grill, which she thought was weird, because they never go there.  They walked in and she said she thought she saw Dustin, but looked away...then she did a double take and realized we were there and part of his other surprise!  She started crying when she saw me, she couldn't believe we made the trip just for them!!  So the rest of the night, we and the rest of our friends had a few drinks and caught up.

Me and Aimee...the newest Bride-To-Be!!!

Ryan & Aimee!
Sunday afternoon, they had an Engagement Party.  However, D and I couldn't stay that late, so we went over early and help them set up and just to hang out.  They ordered a bunch of cupcakes, had some beverages, and then their families all brought food over to eat.  She text me Sunday night and said they had a great time and awesome turnout.

Pretty Cupcakes!

The couple at their engagement party!

So congrats to Aimee & Ryan...LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh! I was just telling Dave I want a new Sonata!!! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)