Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Creamy Steak Quesadilla's



Last week we grilled up some giant steaks, and I'm not sugar coating "giant" by any means! D and I had to split a whole steak, there wasn't any way either of us could eat one of those by ourselves! And the way our steak is packaged, there are 2 per pack. So we grilled both of them up, ate 1, and saved the other for leftovers. I'm not a huge leftover steak fan. Just something about warming up a delicious, perfectly grilled steak in the microwave for lunch is not that appetizing to me. D doesn't mind them leftover though. One way I will eat leftover steak is if I put it in an omelet, breakfast burrito, or I have even made fajitas with it. I would have to say that my most favorite way to eat up a leftover steak is by making these Cream Steak Quesadilla's! And don't let the name fool you, they pack quite the kick too! These are very easy and quick to throw together, so if you're looking for a quick recipe to use up some leftover steak, this is your winner!

No, I didn't use the whole steak, only about 8oz!


Ingredients (yields 2 Quesadilla's):
8oz of steak, cooked & sliced thin (can use fresh if you don't have any leftover)
2 flour tortillas
1/8 cup pickled jalapenos, chopped (about 8-10 slices)
1/2 cup cream cheese (a little less than 1/2 cup)
1/4tsp cumin
1/4tsp chili powder
1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar, but have used mexican blend before)

Directions:
1. Slice steak into thin strips, set aside.
2. Chop up jalapenos slices (I used food chopper/processor).
3. In a small saucepan on low-medium heat, stir together cream cheese, chopped jalapenos, and seasoning. Stir until creamy.
4. Add in steak, and stir well.
5. In a large skillet on medium heat, place tortilla down, and put shredded cheese on 1/2 of tortilla, and put 1/2 of creamy steak mixture on top of cheese. Fold tortilla over.
6. Grill until lightly browned, flip over, and repeat on other side.



One great thing about these quesadilla's, you can adjust the spiciness to your liking. If you want to cut down on heat, don't use as many jalapenos. You can also easily double the recipe if you need to make more than 2.


Some other great steak recipes:
Hearty Steak Soup
Dry Aged Beef (how to)
Steak & Red Pepper Omelet



Linking up too...
Today's Creative Blog
The Shabby Chic Cottage
Somewhat Simple
Lovely Crafty Home
Polka Dots on Parade
Ginger Snap Crafts
Sugar Bee Crafts
BruCrew Life
Semi Homemade Mom
Craftionary
Lolly Jane
JoJo & Eloise

1 comment:

  1. Those look so yummy! We are gluten free, but I be the steak mixture would work with corn tortillas, too... maybe not quite as good as the flour... but what is???

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)