My friend Ashley (yes, the one you always hear me talking about!) gave me this recipe a couple of years ago, and D and I have been addicted ever since. They are really easy to make...so here you go, have at it!!
Gloves or Baggies (for your hands, these are a must unless you want your little fingers to burn - speaking from experience!)
Jalapenos (as many or as few as you would like)
8oz block of Cream Cheese, soften (if you aren't making that many, you can always use the kind that comes in the tub)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Bacon Bits (the kind you buy or regular bacon cooked and chopped into little pieces)
1. Put on gloves or baggies on your hands (remember this is a must!)
2. Slice Jalapenos in half (length wise)
3. Scoop seeds and guts out (I use a regular tablespoon)
4. In a bowl combine Cream Cheese, Shredded Cheese, and Bacon Bits. I don't have amounts, but you'll know when the mixture is good. Don't be shy either!!
5. Using a spoon, fill Jalapenos with the cheese mixture
6. Put them into a either a grill basket, foil, or directly on the grill and cook until cheese is gooey melted and sides look cooked (best method!). OR you can line them on a cookie sheet with foil and bake them in the oven at 350* for 25-30 min or until cheese is gooey melted and peppers are shriveled a bit.
7. Wash your hands well before touching your face just in case you got some Jalapeno juice on them (it burns, trust me!)
|Scoop out the insides of the Jalapenos|
|Combine Cream Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, and Bacon Bits in a bowl|
there is a lot of cheese in there, but you can't really see it
|All mixed up!|
|Stuffed and ready to go into the oven!|
|Ready to be devoured!|
Try not to eat the whole pan when they are finished!! These are a crowd pleaser, everyone will love 'em!
You can wrap the Jalapenos in a slice of uncooked bacon and cook until the bacon is done and cheese is melted, however I use bacon bits...much easier! Also if you have any filling left over, it's really good spread on some crackers or even to just eat right off the spoon!!! :)
Linking up to...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
Peas & Crayons
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Not So Homemade