Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our Valentines Day & a fun gift for D!

I hope you all had a happy Valentines Day!!

Yesterday morning  I was getting ready to leave for work (and I was actually going to be on time too!), and I hollered at D to tell him I was leaving.  Come to find out he was in the basement doing something and told me that I couldn't leave just yet.  I told him I had to get going or I would be late (he would be late too!), but he told me again that I couldn't leave yet!  Next thing you know he's running up the stairs, around the corner, and has these gorgeous flowers in his hands and some candles!!  Yes, it really was sweet and unexpected!  So yeah I was a few minutes late to work, but in the end it was totally worth it!  I LOVE the flowers and the candles!

Pretty flowers from D!
Close up!
I couldn't wait to get off work yesterday, because I needed to make a quick (and simple) card for D and set out his gift.  I barely had his card finished and here he came walking in the door.  So I told him to go shower and cleanup while I get his stuff ready, and told him to take a little bit longer than normal so I would have time to get everything together.  Here is the everything together (candles, flowers, cookies, and D's gift)...

D's gift, simple card,
Vday Cookies with conversations hearts
(btw, what happened those things aren't as fun as they used to be?!),
and the everything together.


I know you can't really see it, but D's gift is a variety 6 pack of Samuel Adams beer, with some fun/loving/cheesy labels on them.  I found the idea over at Make the Best of Everything; Kristen made these for her hubby and I thought they would be perfect for my fiance!  So thank you Kristen for inspiring me!  I used some of her fun sayings and came up with a couple of my own.  The beer was like $15 for a 12 pack, so the other 6 I just put in the fridge without being decorated.  So not only was it a cheap gift, but he LOVED it!  He loves craft and mircobrew beers!  I didn't have a little 6 pack holder thing so I had to become creative and found one of those pop-up gift boxes and I wrapped it in Valentines tissue paper.  Kristen used craft foam and I used cardstock that was sticky on the back (worked perfectly!), and I also used some non-stick card stock for the base of my card. I used my Cricut to cut out the labels and letters, and used a sharpie to do some of the decorating.  I also used my Cricut to make the heart and letters for his card.  I found some L-O-V-E suckers at wal-mart, along with the candy on the front (some of his fav candy!) that I taped on.  Check it out...

D reading his card (aww...!)

Love Lager (Boston Lager)! and Happiness Enhancer (White Ale)!
(he doesn't need beer to be happy, but its funny!)

I Love U "Beery" Much (Scotch Ale)! and Rye Ale for My Fav Male (Revolutionary Rye Ale)!

Kiss Me I'm Irish (Irish Red)! and Noble Pils for My Noble Man (Noble Pils)!

Here they are again!
Love how this turned out!


He ended our Valentines Day by grilling up some steaks, zucchini, red peppers, and potatoes for supper.  He enjoyed trying a couple of his new beers and I enjoyed a glass of Relax wine (if you haven't tried it and you like Riesling, you must give it a try!).  I love my fiance!!! :)



Linking up to...
It's A Blog Party
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog

4 comments:

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)