Just for a little Valentines fun, I decided to make Valentines themed pancakes for supper. Who doesn't love Breakfast for supper, seriously?! Remember those Cinnamon Bun pancakes I made awhile back, courtesy of How Does She? Well I have been craving them, so I whipped up a batch and some maple bacon to go with it. They were delish, not to mention very cute!! I made some hearts, x's, o's (circles), and D got a very special plate...I made him "I <3 U" pancakes!! He saw them and said "Aww..."! He loved them!
|D's special plate, just for him!!!|
Here is the recipe again real quick...
Ingredients:1 1/2 cups Flour
3 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
4 tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Cinnamon (I used a little more, because I love Cinnamon!)
2 large Eggs, beaten
1 cup Milk (you can add more if your batter is too thick, I added a little more this time)
2 Tbsp Corn Syrup (I used Light Corn Syrup)
1/4 cup Butter, melted
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1. Grease up your skillet/griddle with Butter, Crisco, or Pam Spray, and heat to medium/low heat.
2. Mix all of the Dry Ingredients in a Large Mixing bowl, set aside.
3. Mix all of the Wet Ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Combine the Wet Ingredients in with the Dry Ingredients in the Large mixing bowl, mix well (careful not to overmix your batter, or the pancakes might turn out tough).
5. Drop the batter into the heated skillet/griddle, wait until there are bubbles, and flip (flip only once!)!
6. Once both sides are golden brown (only takes a few minutes), they are ready to eat!!
7. Sprinkle plate and pancakes with a little extra Cinnamon, because you love it soo much!!!
|Look at all of that yummy Cinnamon!!!|
They were a little thin, but still very delish!! I froze some of the leftovers, so we'll see if they will be just as good when I go to eat them some other day!
Linking up to...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
Peas & Crayons
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Not So Homemade