Thursday, February 3, 2011

Easy Juicy Shredded Chicken 'n Bean Burritos...Mmm!

The weather here has been brutally cold this week, like we're talking -30 degree windchill.  Luckily, the snow didn't get us very much, but the 40+ MPH wind hit us like a brick wall!  Yes its very windy here in KS, but that was some of the worse wind I've ever experienced, probably because of the Arctic temps that we had.  Anyways, so last night I wanted something easy to make for supper.  Something cooked in the crock pot, something with Chicken, but I didn't know what.  So I went browsing on the internet and found a recipe for Easy Crock Pot Chicken Tacos at BetterRecipes.  Let me first say I'm not a huge fan of the normal Chicken Taco recipe on the back of the Taco Seasoning packet...just not a fan.  But I really like shredded chicken from the Crock Pot, because it's juicy, so I decided to give it a go...with some of my own additions of course.  After I cooked the chicken and saw how tender and juicy it was, I decided to make some "fat" burritos with it...man were they good!  You've gotta give them a try!!!

Ingredients:
3 Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless (more if you are feeding a lot of ppl)
1 Taco Seasoning packet
1 cup Water
1 can Rotel
Flour Tortillas (I used Whole Wheat)
1 can Refried Beans (I used Taco Bell Fat Free)
Cheese
Jalapenos (optional topping)
Salsa (optional topping)
Sour Cream (optional topping)

Directions:
1. Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
2. Place Chicken Breasts into crock pot (frozen or thawed)
3. Cover with Taco Seasoning, Water, and Rotel.
4. Cook on High for 4-6 hours or Low for 6-8 hours.
5. Take Chicken out and shred (it will literally fall apart before you get it out of the crock pot, that tender)
6. Put back into sauce in crock pot.
7. Heat up Refried Beans on stove or microwave, and heat up tortilla's in microwave for a few seconds.
8. Layer tortilla with the following:
  • layer of beans
  • big pinch of shredded cheese
  • shredded chicken (don't be shy!)
  • a few jalapenos
9. Roll Burrito up, cover with cheese, melt in microwave.
10. Cover with Salsa and Sour Cream (and other toppings as you wish) and enjoy!!

Look at that mountain of yummyness!

Stuffed!

So tasty!

Mouth watering yet?!


Linking up to...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
Peas & Crayons
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Somewhat Simple
Paisley's Passions
Not So Homemade

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kayla! I LOVE Mexican food!!! (I'm a Texan...it's the law.) Thanks for linking this up on Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks yummy! Thank you for the recipe!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)