Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Zesty Black Bean & Corn Salsa

You may have heard of Cowboy Caviar Salsa, but maybe you haven't.  This salsa that I'm sharing with you today is very similar to Cowboy Caviar, but not quite the same.  I'm going to call it Zesty Black Bean & Corn Salsa!

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little obsessed with this salsa; my future mother in-law introduced it to me, and I just had to make some for our little BBQ on Friday night.  It's really easy and so tasty!!  It isn't all that spicy and I'm sure you can tailor it to your taste if you want.  So get your favorite Tortilla Chips ready (personally I like the Multi-Grain Tortilla Scoops, or the Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips with this salsa)!!


Ingredients:
1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Sweet Corn
1 can Rotel Tomatoes (I used "original")
approx 1/4 cup Zesty Italian Dressing*

Directions:
1.) Drain and rinse Black Beans and put into large bowl
2.) Add in Sweet Corn and Rotel Tomatoes
3.) Add in Zesty Italian Dressing and stir
4.) Put into the refrigerator and let it rest/chill...salsa is always better as it sits together!

*Note: I say approximately 1/4 cup of Italian Dressing, because I didn't measure...shame shame, I know.  Start off with about 1/4 cup and after it's chilled and set awhile, give it a try...you'll know if it needs a little more "zest" to it or not.  You can also give it a try right after you mix it all together, but I like to let it sit awhile so the flavors mingle!

Didn't I tell ya it was easy peasy?!  Tonight I'm going to make taco's and I think I'll put some of this salsa on them in addition to some regular salsa...mmm!


Linking up too...
At Home With Haley
It's A Blog Party
The Girl Creative
Today's Creative Blog
Peas & Crayons - What I Ate Wednesday
The Shabby Chic Cottage
What Allie's Making Now
Somewhat Simple
Paisley's Passions
Not So Homemade
Lovely Crafty Home
Just a Girl
The Sisters of the Wild West
Polka Dots on Parade
Little Brick Ranch - Foodie Friday
This Chick Cooks
Mom's Crazy Cooking - 30 Minute Meals

4 comments:

  1. Yummy, That looks very good. I have to try it out. I am your new follower from Food Friday Blog Hop. You can visit me at http://showmemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your dips are killing me today! Thanks for linking up on Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. found your recipe featured on LittleBrickRanch.com - can't wait to make this for our 4th of July cookout! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)