Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What I've been up too the last couple of days..

Today is just a random blog post, a conglomeration of sorts, because that's all I've got for you!  Here we go...

The last 2 nights are catching up with me...loss of sleep that is!  I can't take anymore of this going to bed at 11:30 stuff...I'm used to going to bed between 10-10:30.  Seriously though, we've been a little busy the last couple nights.  Monday afternoon, we had an ant breakout, and I'm a little OCD when it comes to those little buggers!  So for two hours straight I cleaned the pantry out, killing every little ant in sight, and preparing for when they attack again.  I was not happy.  I also had watering to do outside, laundry, and tons of housework to catch up on...it was a disaster zone!  It's been so hot here, we've been grilling, so we had some Dry Aged Steaks, BBQ Beans, and Corn on the Cob for supper.  So I was tired by the time I was able to sit down at 11.  However, I managed to get through it. 

Last night, I worked on a Baby Subway Tile for a lady who contacted me after seeing Maycee's Subway Tile...I was thralled when she contacted me.  She wanted it to be exactly like Maycee's and luckily I had the same tile and pearl stickers to do it.  It was my first official sale and it was for baby Lucinda (loving that name!)...go me!  I'm leaning even more towards opening an Etsy Shop now (stay tuned ;))!  I was able to finish it, wrap it up in some paper, and shipped it out this morning!  I'm pretty proud of myself if you can't tell! ;)

Baby Subway Art Tile for Baby Lucinda!
 
Love the pink pearl design!

 
wrapped up and ready to ship! :)


On top of working on that, we grilled some Hebrew National Beef Hot dogs (the best I might add), Jalapeno Boats, and some Red Peppers and Onions.  It was fabulous! 

And then there was another ant breakout, but in a different spot...that didn't take long to destroy though.  Anyone else having ant problems this time of year? 

D's been busy too being a handyman!  He's been working in the shed after he gets off work to get it ready for concrete; he got the water line and sewer line ready and they should start laying it tomorrow morning.  At lunch they were prepping for it...so exciting!

And today I'm not feeling the best...went to the Dr and got an antibiotic, so I'm hoping to feel better soon.  I'm also hoping tonight is a little more relaxing...maybe order some take out, watch a little tube, and pack for the weekend which starts tomorrow night after work.  Now where we headin'??  We are off to my {small} hometown for a town celebration, which happens every 10 years!  It will be great to see family, friends, and classmates.

Have any of your schedules been hectic lately?!

Oh and an update on our wedding planning...We are meeting with the pastor this coming Monday for the first time (kind of nervy!), and I scheduled my 1st Wedding Dress appointment (so excited!)!!  We already booked the reception hall awhile back, and we'll be booking the other big stuff soon!!!  Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh use TERRO ant traps for the little buggers!! They work magic in 24 hours and you don't have to worry about smooshing the little guys! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)