Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Zucchini Chips

Our Zucchini plant has really taken off, so I've been cooking with it a lot lately.  Last week I made Zucchini Boats and some Heavenly Zucchini Bread.  This week I made Zucchini Chips (original recipe here)...I must say these are different, but in a good way.  I burned some of them, so the ones that aren't too done taste a lot better, but I think I sliced them too thin.  I think adding in some spicy seasoning, like red pepper flakes or even cayenne pepper would be great!  Maybe I'll do that next time.

I found this recipe on myrecipes.com, and they looked too good not to try.  It's a really easy recipe, the worst part is slicing the zucchini up, that took some time.

source

Ingredients:
1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup (1 ounce) Italian Blend Cheese
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons milk (I used 2%, that's what I had)
2 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (2 small or 1 large)



Directions:
Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stir together.

 
Place milk in a shallow bowl


Dip Zucchini slices in Milk

Dredge in breadcrumb mixture.

Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet.
(no picture, sorry)

Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.
Tip: They are really good when they are fresh out of the oven, so try to serve them right away. 
They would be awesome I think with some marinara sauce or some other kind of dip.  Have any idea's?  Please share away!!

Be sure to come back tomorrow morning (8/25/11)...I'm having my FIRST giveaway!!!

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Today's Creative Blog. YUM YUM YUM those look good! I'll have to give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chips look so good. I'd love to try some of them.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)