Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Homestyle Meatloaf

A little over a year and half ago we were craving Meatloaf, but I hadn't ever made it before.  I went looking through my one of my cookbooks from Taste of Home and found one that I wanted to give a shot.  It was fairly easy to make, as long as you don't mind getting your hands a little dirty!!  Last night I wanted to make something I hadn't made in awhile and decided to make this again.  I was really excited, because it had been so long I sort of forgot what it tasted like!!  It tastes like a traditional meatloaf, but with an extra crunch (french fried onions) and zing on top!  We had baked potatoes and corn on the cob with it; it was the perfect meal! 

I figured I better share the love, so here ya go!! 
Did I mention it was easy to make?!

Ground Beef, Onion, Bread Crumbs, Salt, Pepper, Ketchup,
Worcestershire Sauce, Egg, & French Fried Onions.

Get your hands dirty and mix it up!
***wash your hands first!***


Mix it up until everything is blended together!

Grease up your dish, shape into a loaf, and Bake!!

Ingredients for Meatloaf:
1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
1 small Onion, finely chopped
1 Cup Soft Bread Crumbs
1/4 Cup Ketchup
1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 tsp Salt
Dash of Pepper

Additional Ingredients for Topping:
1/4 Cup Ketchup
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Can of French Fried Onions

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Put all of the Meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Wash your hands (so you can get them dirty again!).
4. Mix all of the Meatloaf ingredients together with your hands, until everything is blended together.
5. Grease baking dish (I used a square glass baking dish).
6. Shape Meatloaf mixture into loaf.
7. Bake for 1 hour at 350*
8. In the meantime mix together the Ketchup and Worcestershire Sauce for topping and set aside.
9. After 1 hour, take the Meatloaf out and top with Ketchup/Worcestershire Sauce topping mixture, and then finish off with the French Fried Onions on top.
10. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, and take out.  Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing into it.

Slice it up, and Devour!

Enjoy!

It was just D and I, and there was plenty left for leftovers!

If you decide to give this yummy/crunchy/zingy meatloaf a try, please let me know how it turns out!!



I'm linking up to:
It's A Blog Party on Delicious Dishes
The Creative Girl on Just Something I Whipped Up
Todays Creative Blog on Get Your Craft On
The Shabby Chic Cottage on Transformation Thursdays
Somewhat Simple on Strut Your Stuff
Just a Girl on Show and Share Day

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious!! I'm going to have to make it on Saturday!! I might do it w/ some sour cream & chives mashed potatos and corn on the cob!! YUMMMMM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it!! It was DELICIOUS!! I made it with all the sides I mentioned above!! I think I may have bit off more then I could chew this weekend cause we potty trained Taylor (and by "we" I mean "I"...she's doing well...but I think its a long road ahead) I made some hi-hat cupcakes (see FB for pics) then I made the meatloaf, real mashed taters and corn on cob. I was ready to DROP after Saturday!!! But thanks for the delicious recipe!! It is a keeper!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)