Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Last Song : Review

{Most} Wednesday nights, D goes downtown and plays poker with a bunch of the locals, which is something he and I both look forward too!  He gets to play poker and I get to catch up on my DVR'd shows and/or watch chick flicks!!  (I usually get some cleaning done too, but that's not the "fun" part!)  So lastnight Bernie and I kicked up our feet and relaxed a little!

and yes I <3 my dog, you'll be hearing a lot about him!

<<<if you haven't seen this movie yet, this might spoil it for you>>>



Lastnight I watched "The Last Song" starring Miley Cirus.  I first saw the trailer for this movie when I went to see "Dear John" in  theater, and I cringed at the thought of Miley being in the movie!  It looked like a really good chick flick, but I wasn't excited about her being in it!


 By the way, Dear John was a really great movie!  If you haven't seen it, definetely check it out!  Channing Tatum is so hott!!! :)


Anyways, getting back to "The Last Song", overall it was a good movie.  It wasn't great, but it was umm...good.  On a scale from 1-10 (10 being the best), I would probably give it a 6.5.  I think my favorite character in the movie was the little brother; he was so cute and funny!  I also liked the little love story that went on throughout the whole movie with "Ronie" and "Will".  I also loved the little baby turtles, and how "Ronie" looked after them each night!  It was really cute!  I did tear up a few times, it was really sad towards the end of the movie.  It just really makes you think.

My dislikes of the movie were: Miley's laugh really annoyed me and I hated how "Ronie" treated her dad in the beginning.  I knew something was wrong with the dad when they were talking about the church burning down and how confused he was from the medicine, so why didn't she take further action then?!?!  She was so wrapped up in her own life of being unhappy due to the fact her parents got a divorce.....that really made me want to smack her!  How can someone be so cruel and cold to another person, especially if they are family?  (i know, i know, it's just a movie!!!)   Sorry about my little rant, but that's all I really have to say about the movie.  I'm not sure I'd buy it on DVD, or watch it again...it was an ok movie though.

What did you think about the movie?  Has anyone read the book, is it better than the movie?

On a side note: It really makes me realize that life is too short, and that you need to tell your family and friends that you love them as much as possible!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Kayla! :)I'm thinking maybe I'd skip watching the miley movie but I have wanted to see Dear John for a LONG time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the book first and have been wanting to see the movie! The book was really good and I cried a lot! I would def. suggest reading the book. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)