Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Loaded" Baked Potato Soup!

Last night I made the BEST Baked Potato Soup, ever!!  One of my friends that lives in the Big City gave me this recipe last year after she brought this soup for our church group, and I've made it a couple of times since.  It truly is one of the best "loaded" potato soups I've ever made and tried!  It's also pretty easy to make I think.  Enjoy!

Ingredients!
Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4
Step 5

Ingredients:
4 baked potatoes
2 cups cheddar cheese (1 bag)
12 pieces of bacon (1 pkg)
6 cups of Milk
(1) 8oz tub Sour Cream
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:
1.) Bake the potatoes in the oven at 400* until done (I cheated a little...I had some leftover baked potatoes and used them. They worked perfect!)
2.) Once potatoes are cool enough to touch, remove the peelings, and cut up. Set aside.
3.) Cook Bacon as directed on package, chop, and set aside (I cooked my bacon in the microwave, 6 pieces at a time for 6 minutes, and it turned out perfect crispy!)
4.) Melt Butter in large soup pot
5.) Stir in flour until thick
6.) Slowly add milk, and stir until heated
7.) Add the remaining ingredients (bacon, cheese, sour cream, potatoes, salt, and pepper), and stir until heated!


Side Note: I kept a little bacon and cheese off to the side and added it once I poured the soup into a bowl.  I also added a little more salt and pepper to taste.  This makes enough for a large pot/crockpot.

I hope you decide to give this a try, and please let me know how it turns out!!!



i'm linking up to these parties...
It's a Blog Party - Delicious Dishes
The Girl Creative - Just Something I Whipped Up
Today's Creative Blog
Somewhat Simple - Strut Your Stuff

4 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious! I do believe I will have to add this recipe to my bookmarks and try this out this Fall. Yummmmmm!! Thanks for sharing!

    Take care!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this for lunch! I was very yummy!!!

    http://www.tarainwonerland.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! (and much easier recipe than my neighbors!) If you don't mind, I'm going to add it to my blog! http://wherethewildthoughtsrun.blogspot.com/

    This would be good in a crock pot while tailgating for Football!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)