Friday, September 10, 2010

Remember When...

September 11, 2001 is a day we'll NEVER forget. 


I remember that very specific day, September 11th 2001...I was a Sophomore in highschool.  I woke up that morning and got ready for school like I did everyother day.  Little did I know something so terrible was about to take place in the United States.  I was in weight training that morning, in the locker room getting ready, when one of the other girls told us the gut-wrenching news.  One of the Twin Towers had been hit by a hi-jacked plane...

In the hallways on our way to 2nd period that morning, all of the students and teachers were talking about it.  I got to my next class and had found out the 2nd Tower had been hit by another hi-jacked plane. 

Next the Pentagon was hit...and shortly after Flight 93 was hi-jacked and crashed in Pennsylvania.

I just remember thinking "how could something like this happen to us?"  I was really confused and wasn't sure what to think.  Everything was a blur.  My mind was racing, and my heart ached for all of the families involved.  That whole day, and days to follow that's all we did in all of our classes was watch CNN and other news channels to see what was going on.

To this day, my heart aches for those involved in such a tragedy. 

I just want to shout out to all of our Policemen, Firemen, EMT's, all branches of the Military, and all of the volunteers.  I appreciate all you have done for us and continue to do for us.

Where were you on that September Day???

September 11, 2001 is a day we'll NEVER forget.


Check out Thrifty Decor Chick's blog about 9/11...she has some really awesome pictures from the memorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)