Tuesday, September 7, 2010

UPDATED - Labor Day Weekend!

We had a busy but fun Labor Day Weekend!!!  Here is a little briefing on what we all did (i only got a couple of pics)...........

Thursday night I started subbing for the Ladies Bowling League, and let me tell you that was a good way to start the weekend.  Although I didn't want to get up Friday for work I still had too!  Anyways, there is 2 other girls on my team, one of which is my age and really good friends with.  I surprisingly did really good, and anyone that has bowled or watched me bowl knows I'm not very good!  The only time I'm good is if I've a few (or more!) beers to drink!  I can't remember what my scores were, I just know I did awesome (for me!).  I don't have any funny stories about me falling into the gutter or halfway down the lane (I'm known to do stuff like that), but the season just started and goes until April!!  We also watched D's parents dog while they went to Vegas....Bernie and Misty are BFF's!!!

Bernie & Misty checking out something going on outside!

Friday night after work, D and I headed to Hays for a much needed date night!  We went to Professors Steak House & Saloon for supper.  We drank a couple of beers and had some yummy food!  I had Chicken Fried Steak, and D had some kind of Grilled Chicken. 

Coors Light (for me!) and some kind of brew from Manhattan KS that tasted like coffee!

After supper we went to the movies; we saw "The Other Guys".  It was actually pretty funny...kind of long, but had some really funny parts in it.  It has Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg as the main characters, always acting like they are Bad A police detectives.  One of the funny quotes of the movie was when Mark Wahlberg kept saying "I'm like a peacock, you gotta let me fly!"  I would totally watch it again!  After the movie we went grocery shopping and home we went.

Saturday we did stuff around the house and decided we had enough of that, and went to the lake with some friends.  They have a pontoon boat, so that was fun!  Although it took us 2 hours to get on the lake, it was worth it.  When we went to load up the boat, we came up on a half sunken little speed boat by the boat ramp.  Low and behold it was a bunch of dumb college boys that had no clue what they were doing.  When we pulled up they were just standing around drinking beer and starring at the boat.  We heard a ton of different stories about how it happend, clearly they were trying to cover their ass just in case the Park Rangers showed up.  The best quote was "this is my boat....MY DAD IS GOING TO KILL ME!!!!!!!"  I wish I had taken pictures...maybe the girl we went with got some....if so I'll be sure to share.  Boys.are.dumb. :)

Sunday my Mom, Grandparents, Brother, and his girl came to check out the house and we cooked them some delicious lunch.  Grilled Chicken w/ BBQ sauce, Bacon crumbles, and mozzarella cheese (yummy), fresh green beans, baked potatoes, corn dip (thanks to Ashley), and cherry pie (thanks to Grandma)!  It was really nice to see them, and they really liked our house.  I love my family!!  After they left we decided to go over to the pool party, which is always a BLAST!!  We had beer bongs, wine, beer, watermelon, bbq, tons of other food, and so much fun!!  Sun + Water + Beer (not always in that order) = always a fun time!

Monday was our day off from work since it was Labor Day, and we did a whole bunch of nothing!  We watched Rehab Resort Las Vegas all day (marathon), sat on the couch, and snacked!  We also watched a movie "The Edge of Darkness".  It has Mel Gibson and a bunch of other actors i'm not sure who they were.  It was a really good movie, kept me on my toes that's for sure!  All-in- all it was an awesome day to do absolutely nothing!

I hope you all had a fun weekend!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, and it also helps me know if you liked my post! So please take the time and leave me some comment love!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :)